Chapter Four: Bitter Feeling

You slowly open your eyes and squint them with your eyesight being blurry and you rub them with your hands, not handling the sudden light of the sun.

Once your vision became clear, you see Mikasa beside you, resting her head on her palm and watching you, a visible smile on her face.

"Good morning, (Y/n). Did you have a good sleep?" Mikasa asks, her eyes never leaving your face. Your breath hitches in surprise and you quickly sit up.

"Y-Yeah, I had a good sleep... Thank you." You replied sheepishly, looking away from her. Mikasa chuckled and sat up as well.

You still felt shy even after what happened last night. You did enjoy what she's doing to you, but something about her made you feel a bit... Uncomfortable.

You looked back towards Mikasa and noticed her already dressed up for work. "What time is it?" You asked her.

Mikasa looked at her watch and back at you. "Seven-thirty. It's getting a bit late, so I suggest you should go take a shower now." Mikasa said, making you panic a bit.

"Oh- I'm sorry for waking up late-" "Don't apologize, I understand why you had a deep sleep." She said, giving you a small smirk before standing up.

"Now stand and prepare, otherwise you'll be late," Mikasa tells you, fixing her blouse. "Yes, ma'am- Mikasa... Sorry.." You muttered, averting your eyes and feeling yourself heat up from embarrassment.

"Don't say 'sorry' too much, it's okay. I'll leave for now." She said before leaving the bedroom.

__________

You entered Mikasa's office, holding a stack of papers given from Armin to deliver it to Mikasa. He said he had other things to do so he asked you to bring them to her, and you accepted it.

"Ma'am, here are the papers that you need to sign." You said, placing them on her table. She sighs, looking towards her papers and to you.

"Thank you, (Y/n)." She said, scanning the papers. Mikasa gets her pen and signs one of the papers before stopping and realizing something.

"(Y/n)," She called. "Yes?" You answered, looking at her. "I just remembered that I have a business meeting with someone. I don't have that much time later, so could you do it for me?" She asked, placing her pen on the table.

"Of course, M-Mikasa." You stuttered, almost calling her the wrong name. She stood up and smiled. "Thank you, I appreciate it."

She kissed your forehead and walked away, exiting her office and leaving you alone. You sighed and sat on her chair to start sighing the papers.

__________

As you continued working, a sudden knock was suddenly heard, making you flinch and almost mess up signing the papers. You looked at the door and took a deep breath to calm yourself.

"Come in." You said before the door opened, and then Sasha entered. "Sasha? What are you doing here?" You asked.

"I was waiting for you so we can have a little chit chat, but you never came." She said, frowning like a child. "Sorry, Sash. I'm really busy right now." You apologized.

"It's okay, I understand. But where's Miss Ackerman?" She asked, looking around. "She had a business meeting with someone so she made me sign these papers." You replied as you continued to sign, afraid of getting the task done late.

"Oh, I see... Well, are you almost done?" She asked, getting beside you and watching you. "No, there's a lot of papers so this will take a while... Sadly" You answered.