Chapter 10.

I’m finally on March break!

Thank you so much for reading my story.

Enjoy the next chapter (:

---- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ---- ---- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- 

She stormed through the halls trying to find her father and brother, Belegorn to her left and Tatharon on her right.  They turned every possible corner and searched almost every room but they were nowhere to be found. She sighed with frustration and Tatharon placed his hand on her shoulder squeezing briefly.

“Do not worry, you will find them soon, they must be busy with preparations.” He said placing his hands behind his back again.

“We should not waste more time you two must get ready for battle. Arasseth I will send some your armour to your room, Tatharon follow me I will find something that will fit you.” Belagorn quickly added already walking away, Tatharon kept his eyes on Arasseth for a few extra seconds and then turned around following him.  

She stood there silently for a few seconds then walked to her room at a fast pace. Pushing the large double doors open she was greeted by her personal assistant Fiyth. The young elleth rushed up to Arasseth and bowed her head.

“Your armour is on its way but for now let’s get you into fresh tunics. “ She pushed her towards the changing area.

“I feel fine I don’t need to change.” Arasseth protested.

“Nonsense! God knows when you will get to change into fresh clothes again, you will thank me later.”  She pushed her behind a wall of silk cloths and helped her get out of her clothes. There was a bowl of hot water with a clean cloth.  Fiyth gave Arasseth a quick wash which she also protested but had no choice but to go along with. Fiyth always ignored the princess’s complaints, and she was always thanked after. 

She then grabbed a bowl of chalky white powder and coated Arasseth in a thin lawer of it. It prevented rashes under the armour and kept the elves feeling fresh.  Fiyth opened a small pouch of a rich red powder and drew runes on her bare back; they represented love, power ad luck. A pile of black cloth tunics were handed to Arasseth and she pulled them on herself swatting away Fiyth’s helping hands.

As she was tightening the last string around the ankles of her pants two elves walked in with two chests, Fiyth rushed over helping them. The first chest contained thin leather armour, some dark green fabric and a few metal pieces. The second contained a chest plate and the rest of the large armour pieces, the cover had daggers and smaller knives and weapons attached to it. The cover of the first chest contained her archery equipment.  

Arassheth walked over while untying her hair and greeted the other elves. Fiyth started taking out some leather pieces and handing them to Arasseth. She slipped on her chest piece and gloves leaving them untied. One of the two elleths who brought the chests walked over tying up the back of the armless leather piece tightly. It was thick where she needed protecting and thin where she needed flexibility.   Her metal plates and chain mail were then brought over to her. Her chain mail was long sleeved covering the parts leather did not. It was not gold but painted to resemble the precious metal. They then buckled on the black metal plates on her chest and shoulders; it was trimmed with a gold design.The shoulder pieces looked like small leaves giving the illusion of having scales. They buckled on some outer thigh pieces and then handed her some light boots who had a little bit of metal on them but still allowed her to be swift on her feet. 

Over all the armour was light and made so she could still move around with ease. She finally tied her fingeless gloves and Fiyth handed her metal arm bracers she buckled herself.  Finally her suede cape of deep green was buckled onto her back. Overall she looked luxurious in complete black with gold decorations and the gold mail on her arms showing. The suede green cape was the icing on the cake. The dark look clashed with her white hair and pale complexion and eyes.