6

Guess what folks, Slade is back in black! (And orange, but that's not relevant) *cue AC/DC blasting at full volume*

[L-i-t-e-r-a-l-L-i-n-e-B-r-e-a-k (sorry not sorry)]

Terra and Slade had finally done it.  They had successfully eliminated the meddling Teen Titans.  As a result, the once peaceful Jump City was now swarming with an uncountable army of androids, who marched in unison with a wicked grace, like a well organized orchestra unit.

Terra had once suggested as a joke, that they give all the robots musical instruments so they could function as a real marching band.  Slade wasn't amused.

The demolished city was a bleak gray, mixed with streaks of midnight black as dust from previous battle explosions lingered in the musty air.  There was not a single soul around, (if you excluded Terra, and Slade doesn't count because he's soulless *laughs in evil*) and if there somehow miraculously was, they wouldn't live long anyways at the hands of a mercenary and his advocate, so neither were concerned or worried.

The emptiness of the silent night shrouded around Slade, as he became lost in his wandering thoughts that refused to evade his mind.  His thoughts kept circling back and landing on one person in particular, a teenager that fascinated him and frustrated him to no end since day one of arriving in this good-for-nothing city.

Robin

That damn kid who ruined everything, denying Slade time after time with his stubbornness and rebellious nature, even as he offered everything he could afford to give on a golden platter (HA.  you thought it was gonna be SILVER didn't ya? >:) I know you did ).  As much as he loathed the teen, he didn't completely despise him either.  He held a fondness to the kid that he rarely showed, (cause he's Slade Wilson) but he did allow it to slip out here and there when he took the boy in a forced apprenticeship.

It was truly unfortunate that the kid was dead now, buried under tons of rubble.  Then again he might be speculating.  After all, Robin always seemed to suprise him, reviving himself back to life through the apocalypse and even the end of the universe.

He didnt give a damn about the other Titans though.  Good riddance to them.  If it weren't for their interference, he would've had his ideal apprentice.  Slade wished he could flatten them and send the four through a shredder, [A/N: This isn't Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Don't worry, I thought the same thing writing that line] revelling in their agonizing screams as they transformed into ripped, lifeless strips of shredded mangled garbage.  Then perhaps he could finally toss them carelessly in the dumpster where they belonged.

Wishful thinking indeed.

The criminal mastermind gazed ahead to see the blond-haired girl floating on a chunk of rock, with her back turned from Slade, a few feet in front of him.  His thoughts shifted from the Titans to Terra, as he observed her from afar with his calculating eye, the deep blue-gray iris narrowing.

It was true that Terra was an excellent apprentice thus far, he couldnt deny that she had certainly done well.  She listened to authority, although there were a few backtalks here and there that frequently needed reprimanding.

Slade couldnt quell the raging anger that boiled like magma in his veins though, when he thought about Terra in comparison to his previous choice for a heir.  To him, Terra just wasnt good enough in his eye.  It took hours upon hours of training to get her to this stage and even still, she barely survived the Titans' ambush.  He had to assist her in almost every battle she fought, taking pleasure in control, but highly disappointed in her inability to fight alone.  Robin however, was perfect, already having established proper training under that cursed Bat, even learning new skills under the mercenary's tutelage, using them sparingly with practiced ease. 

He didn't need Slade's assistance for anything.  He knew how to handle himself in a fight; he took down his super powered teammates easily after all, not to mention he and the madman were so very alike it was almost uncanny.  It thrilled Slade to watch his performance (feat. Wayne Enterprise) on the hidden cameras.  Every kick, backflip, punch and leg sweep the boy executed was done with a flawless edge, grace and control, resulting in absolute perfection, more than he could ever say about Terra and her lack of command over those measly stones.

There was simply no one who could ever compare to the boy-wonder; he was just that special, and that was excruciatingly high praise coming from someone such as himself.

No matter if the world stops spinning or hell freezes over permanently, no matter what happens, we both know I won't rest

And neither will you

We will meet again, Robin, sooner than you might think

And when you are in my inevitable grasp once more, I will never let you go