8

It was a calm, tranquil morning on the outskirts of the small, secluded island, home of the glistening T-shaped building the five occupants called home.

However, for those five occupants, calm and tranquil was not in their vocabulary at the moment. Well, except for one person who was trying and failing miserably to meditate. Raven was as far away from the other four as humanly possible, trying in vain to escape the irritating commotion mostly made by Cyborg and Beastboy in the kitchen arguing over Trigon-knows-what.

The deep purple-haired magician didn't even need to use brain power to figure out what the two morons were disagreeing about.

Tell me why tofu, vegetables and meat were invented again?

It was a shame the people who first made those things were most likely dead now, so sadly it was impossible for Raven to extend their suffering and misery; which would've resulted in a much more painful demise than what they probably experienced.

Shame indeed. One could always wish after all.

Across the room from the bickering boys, Robin and Starfire were playing a classic game of Winner Take All. The whole deck had been rigged with water and fire cards, and each were scrambling frantically to get rid of said deck, searching for the meteor that would insure victory while screaming,

"Fire evaporates water!"

"The water disintegrates the fire!"

"Fire evaporates water!"

"The water disintegrates the fire!"

"FIRE EVAPORATES WATER!"

"THE WATER DISINTEGRATES THE FIRE!"

Neither noticed the card underneath the table, too engaged in their screaming match of flames vs hydrogen.

Raven couldn't believe there was a duo currently more annoying than Beastboy and Cyborg. She vibrated with repressed anger as the yelling havoc continued. Before she snapped and maimed everyone, Cyborg dispelled his argument with his best friend as he shrieked over the chaotic pair that was Starfire and Robin.

"ALRIGHT Y'ALL, WHO WANTS TO GO ON A ROAD TRIP?"

Raven had plugged her ears before the outburst, sighing in minimal relief as the action muted most of the noise. Robin and Starfire halted their screaming match in instant agreement to Cyborg's question, as the two gave competitive smirks/smiles.

They could bring their game along and be the first to find that meteor.

[Timeskip intentionally brought by Warp because who else would it be]

The trunk of the T-car was packed with an assortment of items: Money, books (lots and lots of books for Raven's sanity), The Winner Take All card game, one of Slade's masks so they could play frisbee (they didn't have an actual one, so they had to improvise), sandwiches and juice boxes, a music stereo with discs, Starfire's blorg mix, a football, a checkers set, some Hot Pockets™, tofu and meat that somehow fused together (neither Cyborg or Beastboy know that yet. Shh, don't tell them. It's our secret, ok?), a box of Cheez-its™ and Goldfish™ and assorted fruit with (equally) assorted desserts.

Oh, and herbal tea. Also for Raven's sanity.

Cyborg drove, considering he was the one who built the car. Robin took the passenger seat and the other three sat in the back. The built-in stereo was blasting some track from the Trouble in Tokyo album. Raven was miffled because she left all her books in the trunk. A small smile appeared on her ashen face as she thought of an idea. She pried open the window and levitated a book out of the trunk and through the open window; before hastily shutting the trunk once more, so all their belongings wouldn't soar away and indirectly cause a car-crash.