11

[A/N: Welcome, fellow readers to a very long chapter that is mostly describing extensive detail: HALLOWEEN STYLE ♤  Y o uh a v e ▪ b e e nw a r n e d ]

[P.S. the goal of this one-shot is to make you cry tears of laughter]

It was a dark morning outside the transparent windows of Titan's Tower.  Beastboy was the first to jolt awake, leaping from his bed and hitting the ceiling in his haste.  Stifling a cry and muttering an "Ow," as he rubbed his head painfully, glaring spitefully at the ceiling.  Beastboy cautiously picked through his room, trying his best to avoid the horrendous mess on the floor: consisting of various comic books and video games, between him and the door.  Once he successfully stepped a foot outside the entryway, he recklessly bolted energetically down the stairs, almost tripping on his own feet.  He glanced at the only calendar, bolted conveniently to the mundane wall at the base of the steps and his excitement grew when he saw what day it was. 

October 31st.

Halloween!  Yes!

The changeling had been eagerly waiting for this moment 364 days of his life.  Not just to renovate the Tower into a spooky, haunted mansion, but to get bucketfuls of candy and scare the stuffing out of Jump City.  He fistpumped the air happily.  He decided on not using a costume this year and planned to go as a green tarantula.  This way he could scare his friends unknowingly by being a spider and hitching a ride.

Perfect plan.

Beastboy smirked with glee as he rubbed his hands together sinisterly.  He could finally get back at Cyborg for some of the ridiculous pranks he pulled last Halloween. It may or may not have involved butchered animals and meat.  He ran downstairs to the storage room where the huge box of decorations was located.  It took him half an hour to lug the box back up the steps.  A few moments after he set the box down with a loud thump that resounded throughout the Tower, a pair of rushing footsteps was heard and Beastboy's animalistic instincts activated as he leaned sideways with a high-pitched screech to dodge a flying projectile, eyes bugging out of his sockets with horror.

The green boy turned hurriedly around to see a shadow swiftly moving towards him with a battle cry.

Wait, he recognized that voice!

The changeling rapidly waved his arms in front of his face as he shouted, "WAIT!  DUDE, IT'S ME!"

The figure faltered immediately, dropping his stance and retracting his weapons. "Beastboy? Why are you up so early?  You're never up this early." 

The earlier question flew over his head as Beastboy sighed in relief that he wasn't impaled.  He turned on the lights to see a disheveled Robin before him, with a confused and concerned expression.  The boy wonder stared at him critically, before rubbing the back of his neck nervously.  "You alright, Beastboy?  I didn't hit you, did I?" 

Giving Robin a toothy grin, the vegetarian gave a thumbs up.  "No worries, dude.  It's all good."  He gestured with his hand for the other boy to come over.  Robin raised an eyebrow and hesitantly complied standing next to his friend and they both peered down at the box.  Beastboy turned, grinning at him.  "Wanna help me decorate this bland place?"

It finally clicked in Robin's brain as he realized what day it was.  'No wonder BB was up so early,' he mused to himself. Smiling a bit, he took out one of his bird-a-rangs and handed it to the  changeling.  "Sure.  You can do the honors."

Beastboy's forest-green eyes lit up like a Jack-o-lantern as he eagerly jumped up and down like the child he was.  "Whoo-hoo!" He excitedly exclaimed, unintentionally ripping the sharp, lethal weapon out of Robin's hand, causing the older teen to wince slightly.  He gave no mercy or warning to the inanimate object before it ultimately met its shredded demise.  Within the cardboard confetti, there was an assortment of festive decorations fit for the occasion.  Both boys glanced at each other with a small smirk, looking at the sheer quantity inside.