14- Brotherhood of Evil's Revenge: Part 1

[A/N: You thought I'd forgotten about this book, huh?  You're wrong >:)  It's time to revive the Brotherhood!  There will be a Part 2 eventually.]

After the Brotherhood of Evil were defeated 4 months ago, they had regrouped and were thinking of a strategic counterattack that would no doubt catch their enemies off guard.  Madame Rouge couldn't believe that such a flawless plan had ended so catastrophically.  The old base had been abandoned and entirely relocated; still within the boundaries of Jump City of course.  It was located deep underground on the edge of the city.  Inside this underground base, villains were crowded around the mastermind of the new, ingenious plan.

"You.  Should.  All.  Know.  Why.  The.  First.  Ambush.  Failed."  The Brain robotically stated as everyone listened intently. 

Private Hive spoke up confidently.  "Our first attack failed because we didn't consider all the possible outcomes.  There were outliers in the equation, unaccounted for.  We have to look at the situation from all angles before we act." 

"Precisely.  Private."

Private Hive held his head high and stood up straighter, smiling faintly.  He didn't do things right all that often, so this was a rare occurance.  He felt higher than everyone else, better than them, even if it was for a brief moment.  Yeah. Not the greatest mindset, but he couldn't care less.

"So,"  The Brain paused momentarily,  "Any.  Suggestions. On.  How.  To.  Proceed.  With.  Eliminating.  The.  Teen.  Titans?" 

A hand shot up from the crowd.  "Ooh! I know!"

A girl with pink hair and cat-like eyes groaned beside the boy who had raised his hand.  She donned a sharp black dress with purple lace flowing down the sides.  She had changed her hairstyle so instead of pigtails, her hair was wrapped back in a neat bun with a gothic looking dark gray hair tie.  This was Jinx and just in case you were wondering, she did switch sides.  Again. 

"No you don't, you moron."  Jinx seethed, shaking her head at the tech dweeb with a bitter frown, her arms crossed.  Gizmo shot her a harsh glare.  "Nobody asked you!"  He rebutted fiercely, leaning into her face threatingly.  Things had gotten more tense with the Hive Five recently after Jinx suddenly switched back to the side of evil.  The Brotherhood of Evil had given her a chance of redemption, but that didn't mean the current members of the organization or her former team trusted her by any means.  Not yet at least. 

Jinx and Gizmo had an intense glaring match for around 15 tense seconds.  No one spoke a word.  No whispers or murmuring nor even gossip; everything was dead silent.  It was as if time itself were still and unmovable.  Permanently on pause.  After what seemed like an eternity, Gizmo broke away his stare, locking eyes with the Brain who gazed back with the soulless holes of a void. 

"We should take out Robin first and then his little team next.  Without the Titan's foundation, the rest will eventually crumble."  Gizmo explained with narrowed eyes as the Brain considered this silently. 

"While.  This.  May.  Be.  True,"  The Brain paused, processing his plan.  "We.  Are.  Still.  Not.  Considering.  All. Outside.  Equations."  The monotone robotic voice continued.  "Potential.  Enigmas.  Like.  Slade.  For.  Instance.  Need.  To.  Be.  Accounted.  For."

Gizmo, Mammoth and Jinx all shivered slightly at the mention of the criminal mastermind.  They had been under his tutelage briefly and held a huge, terrifying respect for the man.

"If Slade wants to be a part of that equation, there's no stoppin' him."  Someone from the back of the room muttered.  There were multiple murmurs of agreement and bobbing heads at Billy Numerous's words.  He was absolutely right. 

"Maybe ve could convince him to join us."  Madame Rouge suggested randomly as everyone turned to stare at her.  They had forgotten she was in the room.  Commotion rang out sarcastically. 

"Yeah, like that'll ever happen." 

"We're talkin' less then .01 percent here."

"Nah.  Negative percentage.  He probably wouldn't join even if we paid him."

Someone in the assembly snorted with laughter.

The Brain snapped everyone back to attention.  "He.  And.  Many.  Others.  Are.  Wild.  Cards.  In.  This.  Situation.  And.  There.  Lies.  Our.  Main.  Problem." 

"Hov do you suggest ve fix it then?"  Madame Rouge inquired bluntly. 

"Eliminate.  The.  Outliers."  It was more of a hesitant question than a statement.  Everyone was shocked.  The Brain never lost his assurance and his uncertainty made everyone uneasy.  Were the Teen Titans truly unbeatable?  Surely something had to result in their ultimate demise. 

But what could it possibly be?

"You're asking us to go against a literal army of superheroes and maybe, no- definitely villains if they decide to throw themselves into the mix.  How are we going to beat them all?"  Seemore asked, throwing his hands in the air dramatically. 

The Brain was silent for once, pondering the situation over.  He needed a flawless plan, but every plan practically came with it's own flaw.  It was impossible to be certain, he realized.  If he eliminated all the potential outliers or at least attempted to eliminate them, it would be putting a lot at stake; practically everything.  There was simply no easy way around this fact.

Hmm...

They needed to expand their numbers to unbalance that of the Titans.  Last time they had too little of an army and every Titan had one opponent making t odds of winning more achievable.  The Brotherhood of Evil had to split them up like last time, because that tactic had worked brilliantly before.  If he could permanently scramble their signal it would do the villains some good, for the Titans would have limited backup against the opposing forces. 

They couldn't track them with communicators anymore.  That was their flaw in the first place that led to their eventual defeat.  Stumbling into them by chance was too unpredictable.  If they couldn't track the Titans, perhaps they could infiltrate them somehow...  Bug the Tower maybe?  They'd need someone stealthy and someone who knew the Tower inside and outside.

Someone like Slade...

But would he join?  No one knew.  It was a shot in the dark, basically.

Maybe they could call Brother Blood and inform him on the situation as well.  He's bound to have the Tower's blueprints somewhere.  The Brain tore himself from his thoughts, speaking after a long bout of silence.  "Retrieve. More. Allies If. Possible. And. Potentially. Use. Blackmail. On. The. Heroes. To. Get. Them. To. Turn. Against. One. Another. Seems. Like. An. Option. We. Could. Attempt." 

Suprisingly, no one had objections.  Maybe this could work out after all; if they played their cards right.  If the Brain could smirk, he would've.  His eyes glowed an eerie, vengeful red that lit up the dark as everyone around him gave looks of excitement and anticipation, ready for the 'cease fire' to end and the war to continue.

They may have lost round one, but the Teen Titans wouldn't be ready for a suprise assault in round two.

Shall we play a game?