Chapter 8

Gotham City, Alleyway

[Good, he left. One less thing we have to worry about.]

{Yeah, we are so screwed! Right, big guy?}

"Yeah, Yeah! I know! I'm gonna have the biggest bump on my head by the end of this."

[ You deserve a bit of a beating, you did leave to avoid being arrested.]

{Leaving someone else with the consequences of the messes you created! For shame!}

"Yes, I know I'm a horrible person! Now shut up I have to focus! We have a hammer lady ready to pulverize me! Then kick my corpse's $&@ into next week." Deadpool whisper shouts at the 'boxes' the voices that were color coded for some reason. Well, in comic version they were, brackets in fanfics just like this one.

Wade felt the weight of guilt for his past actions, Harley and Ivy didn't deserve to have to cover for his mess. But the portal was his only option to go back home, what else was he supposed to do? He didn't know they got caught for exploding the stupid thing! He shakes it off when he sees Harley closing in, Wade needed to make sure he didn't die right now, he had to for Peter.

"Looky here, I got a Deadpool all by himself. What happened to your so called friend? Did he desert you like you deserted us? Serves you right!" She's already in a fighting stance, Deadpool readies himself into one himself unsheathing his katanas.

"Look Harley, please I don't want to fight you! Just let me explain and hopefully we can both leave this behind us! Maybe get some Chinese takeout afterwards how about that?

"Hmm tempting but I don't think so!" She swings at him again, he jumps over her to avoid the hit. She turns around, her face still ablaze with rage and fury. Wade sighs and accepts the fight he wasn't trying to start. Maybe she will calm down if they fought it out instead of talk it out. Maybe....

"Man, I was hoping you said yes, I was really craving some egg rolls. Welp! I guess it's time to bring in the compow instead. Get it cause Compow chicken!" He charges then kicks her stomach making her stumble back. She's quick to recover and charges at him again. This fight was starting to look like it wasn't going to end well, as he raises his swords to fight off the massive hammer. He hopes Peter has found somewhere safe for the time being.

"Sheesh! Tough crowd. Ok, no more Chinese food jokes!"

[It's called a pun.]

'Shut up!'
________________________________
Gotham Rooftops

I find myself lost on the rooftops after running for who knows how long. My breathing has gotta heavy and I feel a horrible feeling come over me. I groan and slam my fist on the concrete ceiling. What was I doing? Why did I listen to Wade? I left him by himself to face off Harley and I have no clue if he was going to be okay or not! I know he's capable of defending himself, I still can't stop worrying! What kind of friend am I!

"I have to go back." I whisper to myself, I look back the way I came from and feel a weight come over me. A thought passes my mind and I feel cold and fear settles over me. I start running back as fast as I can.

'No. No. No. No. No! I'm not letting that happen! Not on my watch! Never again! Please be ok. Please be ok. Please be ok!!' Your thoughts are clouded with worry and concern and a image flashes through your mind, one you rather never see again. As I run to help before it's too late again.

————————————————————————
Alleyway Gotham

Deadpool doesn't know how long this fight has been, but sure knows that it been too long. He wanted it to end already he was tired of dodging, being kicked, kicking back, almost breaking a bone, maybe a broken nose, punching, you name it.

{ What the $@&/?! We love doing all that!!}

[ It's been literally five minutes calm down you, big baby.]

'Yeah, Well, shut up, Yellow! Sorry, I don't find fun in beating up someone I considered a friend! Does this look like a friendly spare to you? Besides this is the most boring back and forth I ever had!'

{ Sheesh! Someone got beat to many times with a hammer}

[You don't say?]

'Shut Up both of you!!' Deadpool shouts in his head trying to focus on Harley. He had an idea how to stop this whole thing but he had to decide when to do it. She was raising her hammer again and he charges at her as well. Which catches her off guard, opening an opportunity for Wade to swiftly move out of the way. For her to smack face fist into the wall behind him. He flinches when she hits it, her hammer falls from her hands and she falls to the ground with a loud thud.

Wade quickly puts away his weapons before quickly going over to her to check her pulse. A sigh of relief leaves his mouth when her pulse is still beating fine. That quickly changes to a gasp of fear when he looks up to see Poison Ivy standing a few feet away.

"Wait Ivy! It's not what it looks like I.." His words die on his tongue when he looks at her face.

She looks deadly with that murderous look in her eyes. In a instant he's sent flying back into the brick wall, he struggles to get up but is unable to move as he feels something curl around him. He looks up to see large green vines encircle him, before being slammed into the concrete repeatedly. He gets slammed one more time then thrown into the wall again. Deadpool tries to get up again, he sees Ivy glare at him with an unconscious Harley in her arms, Ivy turns and starts walking away. He reaches towards her as he slumps to the ground next to a flower which he hadn't seen previously, it sprays him with a gas. Most likely poisonous. He coughs and chocks on it as it enters his lungs.

'I'm so glad, Peter left.' He thinks before his mind clouds and his eyes blur. He hears a voice yell out his name then it all goes black.

————————————————————————

I return to the alley way and there on the ground is Wade unmoving, my heart is beating loudly in my ears. I hurry down to his side, I'm there in seconds to check his pulse. Wade's pulse was slowing down and fear takes over me. I pick him up gently and walk up the wall to get away from the alley.

"Wake up, Wade please!" I shake him a bit to try to get him to wake him up. I pull off his mask in a panic for him to be able breathe better. His scarred face is pale and lifeless. When he opens his eyes they seem blurry and unfocused. I feel the tears start building up in my eyes, Wade was dying slowly and all I could do was watch in horror. Wade smiles, it's horrifying and so Wade like at the same time. Then he closes his eyes and you feel the pulse stop and his breathing stops. He was gone.

I couldn't hold the tears back anymore, they came streaming out of my eyes. I had let this happen, it was all my fault, Wade had to face the pain of death once again. All my fault....