Chapter 11

Inside the Wayne Manor

I wake up and feel the presence of someone else beside me. A part of my brain thinks it's Gwen or Mary Jane then remember one is gone, the other dumped me. I look at the size of this person's arms to see scars and freak out. Wade?! I turn my head enough to see a mask (how did he sleep with that on?) and Wade is spooning me!

When did he decide to do this? Why didn't he just sleep in his own bed? What the heck am I supposed to do?! Ugh! I have to fix the teleportation device I have to get him off me! I grab the pillow I was laying on and slowly remove myself and replace me with a pillow.

I'm sure, he won't notice he has body pillows this is no different. Maybe the lack of body warmth but whatever! I look to find my clothes, after leaving them in the bathroom the night before when I hear a knock on the door.

"Mr.Parker! I remembered you didn't have any baggage, so I brought in some clothes I think will fit you! I also brought some for Mr.Wilson, I don't know if he'll like them or not." He could not let Alfred come in the room and assume things. A stranger didn't need to be assuming anything, from Wade sleeping in my quest bed.

"Could you leave it outside, please, I I'm insecure about my looks in the mornings."

"Oh alright, I'll leave them here then!" I heard shuffling outside the door, then fancy shoes clacking on the marble floor. I peak out the door when I'm sure he's gone. I grab the clothes and head back in.

It's two sets of clothes, the one for Wade and one for me. I'm sure Wade won't wear the clothes provided since the man was known for wearing his suit multiple times a week nonstop. Speaking of Wade the man was sleeping like a baby cuddling up to the pillow like he was.  I wonder if  Wade snuck into bed with me, because he was worried about something or couldn't sleep.

I briefly recalled him saying the voices were silent or at least decent when he was around me. I hope it wasn't anything serious, but I would have to ask Wade later. I leave him behind and go change in the bathroom, I fit well in the clothes. They weren't my actual size but not to baggy or too off my size to fall off.

I briefly wonder where they got the extra clothes from, but decide to not think about it further. I didn't need to know everything about a millionaire from another place. The only rich man he needed to remember was Tony Stark, Peter than wonders who is richer. He finishes getting dressed and heads out, he was going to fix that device today to go home!

I couldn't stay any longer in this mansion, also I could just sense something from being here that I didn't like. Maybe it was the feeling of not belonging there, how empty the mansion felt, or simply homesickness. Whatever it was, I hated it and would do anything to get me and Wade out of here. I head to the elevator we went down the previous day before to find a box next to it. A bunch of parts and tools he would need to repair the teleport belt.

Good now I don't have to go down to that moody hole, he calls a 'Bat cave'. Satisfied, I head back to the guest room they provided to find Wade had disappeared from my bed and tidied the bed sheets. Considering that Wade was a very messy man, it's a strange moment to see a perfectly tucked bed sheets. Where a certain mercenary was sleeping just moments ago. I shrug and sit on the desk and start repairing the device, hopefully it would only take 5 to 8 hours to repair. He's done it before quicker with Stark technology but this will have to do for now.

An hour into repair, Wade shows up with a plate of pancakes in hand. I can smell them from where I sit and I just realized how hungry I was. Man, how long ago had he eaten? My mouth salivates remembering I hadn't eaten since the day before or two days ago? Time was jumbled together since they got stuck here. Embarrassingly, I find myself making grabby hands for the plate in Wade's hand. The ex-mercenary smiles under his mask, and hands over the plate of a large stack of pancakes. He puts down some water bottles as well.

I quickly start making work of demolishing the stack of pancakes, with a fever that he blames wholly on the fact of being bitten by a spider. All that energy and power it gave, drained tons of his energy from him and needed nutrition to keep going. Basic science.

I can't help feel a bit embarrassed for eating like a complete animal after cleaning the plate in a couple minutes. However, he was with Wade, who ate burritos like New York rat in a subway train.

"Thanks, Wade, I didn't realize how hungry I was."

"No probs, Petey-Pie! I woke up this morning my stomach was growling so loud, I thought a wild animal found it way into Batman's mansion!" Wade laughs heartily and I can't help smile. I was glad Wade was feeling better since yesterday, They chat for a bit as he repairs the device. Not once bringing up Batman, the mansion, or their current situation. Avoiding the facts wasn't the best way to cope, but I couldn't care less.

It's hours later when, I complete repairs on the teleport belt. I nervously look it over in my hands, not sure if it will work or not.

"Ooooh! Is it done? Why so nervous, Pete? Your basically a genius like rank 10 behind some of the smart people in our universe but that's pretty high! Besides you work for big shot Tony @$&/%#* Stark! You have this in the bag!"

"I dunno Wade, the device sent us here when it broke, now that it's fixed I don't know it will work the same." I look to Wade he scratches his head then looks to have an idea.

"Well! No good standing around guessing and stressing! Let's take this baby on a test run!" Wade exclaims grabbing the device from my hands and pressing the button. He disappears and I panic, my body becomes frozen and I can barely breathe. All what ifs going round my head like a carousel circling. Then Wade appears back and I remember to breathe again.

"WADE! What is wrong with you?! How can you blindly trust it was going to even work? It could have exploded for all we know?!"

"A lot is wrong with me, but my intuition is never wrong, Petey-boi! You fixed it but we have one slight issue." Wade grimaces and I try so had not to start freaking out.

"What is it?" I sigh, I had feeling this was going to be harder then it looked.

"We might need a whole different device entirely." Wade looks almost nervous telling him. I groan and with every fiber of my being want to scream and curse, I decide that one swear would do the job. I hopes his Aunt May understands.

"#@$&!!!!!"

"Ah the sweet harmony of the rare moment of Spider-Man cursing! What a day!"

I really want to strangle him right now.

(((Gasp! Authors note! Whaaaaat? I'm finishing this crossover this month! I'm done! I already moved on from this years ago but I want to finish! Thank you all for reading this so far! The arson comments on one of the chapters makes me laugh, and shout out to that one guy that takes RP to far. I am slightly scared of you! Also to the few who supported me even though I stopped for a long time, love y'all. Only slightly! I gonna start on the final chapter now! Stay toned real soon, maybe tomorrow soon. Also I won't make anymore of this type of content for awhile. I have written a bunch of one shots of different fandoms I'm currently loving at the moment. So those are going to show up soon. I hope everyone has a lovely day, afternoon, or night! <3)))