Chapter 10

The Bat cave

We end up going down a long clear elevator down to Batman's secret hideout, as go down I can't believe how incredible it looked. But I scold myself internally it wasn't time for being in awe they had business to take care of. As we are stepping into the secret hideout. I can hear two voices, one is definitely Batman the other sounds younger and concerned.

"Why are you going to help him? Do you remember what happened last time?! He's bad news!" The younger voice shouts. You look at Wade who momentarily freezes but then continues to follow.

"Robin, it's not just Deadpool this time, and helping him out will make sure he leaves for good this time," Batman replies. It was good to know Batman was going to make sure this happened as quickly as possible as well.

"I guess you're right about that, but is it really the best idea to let them in the Bat cave? What if he steals some of your technology? You can't just get them back, he'll be long gone by that point." The younger voice now known as 'Robin' seemed to be as distrustful of Wade as much as Batman was. I look at Wade again who seemed to be upset that they would accuse him.

"I made all the necessary precautions to ensure that nothing goes wrong in the Bat cave and everything dangerous can't be taken easily."

"I still have a bad feeling about this."

"It will be fine, just worry about your studies."

"Fine." The young hero walks to the elevator as we walk out and pushes through without another word. Then lifts up in the elevator out of sight, Batman sighs but his expression doesn't waver.

Seeing the dark hero again makes my skin crawl but I fight the urge to punch him. It wasn't completely Batman's fault, Wade died. But maybe thing would have gotten down quickly if Batman did something. Yet here they are in the belly of the beast with the bat himself.

"Hiya Bats! We made it! It took awhile to walk here but we made it all in one piece!" You swiftly turn to Deadpool, his mask displays a cheeky grin. I just want throw a chair through a window and strangle the man beside me to stop joking about his own death count! I settle for a withering glare instead. Deadpool looks away pretending nothing happened.

"Good, now that your here hand over the device so I can fix it." Batman puts his hand out for the tele-porter. Our ticket home, that I didn't trust in this once thought to be trustworthy hero. Wade starts to hand over the device but I stop him in his tracks.

"Petey? What are you..."

"I already know how to fix the device, Batman sir. I just need some components to get it done, so if you let me borrow the tools I need. I would like to get this done as quickly as possible." I interrupt, Batman and Wade stare at me in amazement. The butler seems to not paying attention anymore and was preoccupied with something else, you assume. Wade was probably shocked I went into business mode, Batman seemed to shocked from my sudden change from our first interaction.

"Mr.Parker, I assure you I can fix it and sent you both home promptly."

"Well I don't trust you alone with the device. You might be a hero in this world, but from tonight's experience and all the wasted time I've spent here. I cannot be sure that you will live up to your word. Like I said just let me borrow the tools needed, it shouldn't be hard to do you have plenty of tools lying around." The silence was thick and tension was high. I was tired from this long and confusing day, angry even. I really just wanted to yell at Batman and blame him. But I knew nothing that happened today was truly anyone's fault, just the usual Parker luck, I guess.

"I... I understand, Mr.Parker, I will provide the needs necessary for the device. You must have had a hard time walking here, I should have considered the distance." I didn't expect for him to acknowledge his mistake, but something ticked me off.

He was only apologizing to me, not Wade. Deadpool had gone through death for the millionth time and due to Batman's refusal to drive Wade here. This all happened, because Batman was judging Wade because of something that happened possibly years ago.

Never-mind, I'm playing the blame game!

"Thank you for the apology, Batman, but please apologize to both of us! Yes, you should have considered the distance and possible outcomes that could of happened on said walk. I've heard how great you are at solving crimes and beating the bad guy in the end. Wade, told me everything about you, I can see why he admires you. But personally I can't see it, Wade died tonight because of YOUR failure! If you got over your petty reasoning for not driving us BOTH here in the first place that wouldn't have happened." I end my rant and breathe in and out raining in my anger. I glare at the tall dark figure in front of me, he looks regretful.

I must have brought up a hard memory for the dark hero. But everyone has there baggage, you can't avoid accidentally causing more damage. It's unavoidable.

I look to Wade who's standing a bit away, like a child who just witnessed something unbelievable. Who looked out of place and lost, wanting nothing more than to dissolve out of the room. I motion him closer and like a sad golden retriever walks over.

"I deeply apologize to you both for the trouble, I've caused you. Alfred will show to the guest rooms, he will also provide you with the tech you will tomorrow morning. After you have recovered from last night, everything should be ready. Anything else you might need ask him for, and Alfred will provide it for you." Batman says it sounds honest enough. Wade is unusually silent, but I take this as a win. I feel the fatigue of the day weighing on me and I was ready to sleep.

"Thank you. Come on, Wade. I'm ready to pass out at this point." He follows me, Alfred leads us to the elevator again and through the mansion to the guests rooms. I decide to take the ones that have a conjoined door, just encase we needed to get to each other.

"Thank, Mr. Alfred."

"It wasn't a problem, Mr.Parker, please have a pleasant rest."

"Thank you." I head into my quest room to find, the restroom door open and the shower running. The conjoined door is wide open, Wade is no where to be seen. I walk into the bathroom to see, the six-two man checking the temperature of the water with his hand. Still gloved by the way.

"Wade? What are you doing?"

"Get the shower ready for you! You clearly need it after that lecture you gave Batman today! I literally almost creamed myself, when you started talking in your darker voice. Like awooga! Swoon! Dad.."

"Don't you finish that sentence, Wade Wilson!"

"Oh MY GOD! Say my name like that again!"

"And here I thought you were thinking about what I said to him. Apparently not."

"Oh I was Petey! Just the way you stood up for me to Batman of all people! I don't deserve ya, Petey-pie! *sob* But damn!!! It was so hot!"

"Okay enough! Go take a shower, yourself! I can handle the rest here." I wave him out but he stops before he goes and hugs me. A serious tone comes out the ex-mercenaries mouth.

"I mean it, Peter, thank you. I don't deserve a friend like you." I pat his back and he let's go and continues to the room adjacent. I stand in the guest bathroom for minute before closing the door to take the shower. I can only hope Wade will be fine till the next morning.