Chapter 9

The top of a building in Gotham

I've been sitting here for a while now, waiting for Wade to come back from the dead. I put his mask back on, so when he gets up again. He won't freak out about it not being there. The mask gave Wade comfort and I'm not going to take that away from him. A sigh escapes my mouth.

No matter how many times, I witness Wade die. It still pains me to witness, it's probably due to my past trauma revolving around losing those close to me. All those memories were still vivid in my mind, but I've long since accepted that they are gone now. The memories just hurt  to remember with the guilt and shame. Now that I think about it, I should really get some hero therapy or something. When I get home I'm going to find a good therapist whether it be online or in person. I seriously need help.

I'm pretty sure Stark Industries includes therapy in its health insurance plan. I might have to check in that with Ms.Potts just to be sure.

I decide to make a mental note to do that later and focus back on the dead or now unconscious Deadpool. I check for a pulse again and if he began breathing. He was beginning to worry me, what if he permanently died....

"Please wake up already. It's not like you to take this long to get up after a fight. You always laugh off wounds right? ''Tis' but a flesh wound!' and all that..." He continues being motionless, so I wait and talk to myself as time passes. Until finally I feel his pulse under my hand, I quickly look at his face for any sign of life. His expressive mask blinks blank eyes opening, I can't stop the tears of relief falling from my face.

"Peter?"

"I'm here Wade, I'm here." I let him get his bearings, Wade always said death was disorienting and coming back from the dead wasn't any better.

"$@/:#, how long have I've been out for?"

"Long enough." This is when you see him actually look up at you. He definitely notices the tears, Wade moves one of his hands to my face and starts wiping my tears away. I move his hand away and hug him instead.

"Peter.... I'm sorry..." he whispered softly as if he didn't say it at all, I still heard it. We stay there for a bit longer until I let go of him. I can sense that neither of us know what to say, so I pick him up.

"Ok, Wade guide me to where Batman's hideout is. We need to get home soon, the more we stay here the less I like it." He looks at me with a bewildered expression and he nervously laughs.

"And your going to carry me there?!"

"Didn't you ask multiple times to be carried today?"

"Yeah, but I didn't expect you to take up what I was putting down, Spidey."

"We'll take this as a once in a lifetime opportunity, now where to GPS?"

"Wait your not going to carry me anymore after this?! That's BS! Don't look at me like that! Ugh fine.. Please continue straight that take a left turn at the spikey building 2 miles from this building." Wade says imitating Siri's voice to the best of his ability and I stifle a laugh and start walking Deadpool in my arms."

"Thank you, Siri!"

"Continue walking straight."

I start laughing then and it feels great and I see Wade smirk as well. Proud of himself. I glad to have him back and kicking. I continue following Wad- I mean Siri's instructions until we make it to a large mansion, the sun rising to greet a new day and us. We probably look ragged and ready to collapse. I certainly wanted to. I put Wade down to stand on his own, knowing he fully recovered with all the sassy Siri commentary he added on the way.

"You have arrived."

"I thought we were done with the Google maps bit now?"

"You can't do things half way Petey, It ruins the fun of these things!"

"Yeah, you have a point." I stare up at the massive mansion in front of us. The size and grandeur could be compared to the avengers mansion but I couldn't find it in myself to find myself admiring it. A thought was sneaking in the back of my mind and I was finding it hard to control my emotions. Back when I was waiting for Wade to wake up, it had passed my thoughts. What would have happened had Batman been there?

Would We even had to go through that? He let us walk all the way to his home, while he drove in his high class 'bat-mobile'! All because of his reservations about Deadpool. Sure, the Merc-with-a-mouth caused some havoc. But how long ago was that? I shook my head, it wasn't time for petty anger, They needed to repair the tele-porter! I move to the mansion doors.

I hesitate at the door, I can feel Wade's eyes on my back. As if I've grown a new arm or something, I step away from the door and face Wade.

"Petey, aren't you gonna knock? We can't keep the Bat waiting he gets testy, y'know?" He sounds nervous, I take a breath and look at him.

"Are you sure he's the only person who has what we need? No one else? Is he really the only trust worthy person we can go to for this?" He seems bewildered by my tone concerning the bat-themed hero, Wade deemed to be one of his favorites.

"I mean there are other options but the according to the fics tag list none of them or mentioned and aren't part of the story! So Good ol' Batsy is are only option! I mean come' on Petey trust me!"

"Trusting you isn't the problem here." I reply, Wade must sense some hostility in my voice, so he walks in front of me and knocks on the door. Then sees the doorbell and proceeds to keep pressing it repeatedly. I snicker, the fact alone of how annoying that must sound inside the mansion. How more annoyed Batman would be to know it was Deadpool doing it, was hilarious.

The door eventually opens and a well-dressed man steps out, I assume he's the butler that works for Batman.

"Please stop ringing the doorbell, Mr. Wilson, you only need to ring it once. Also come in Master Wayne has been expecting you and your friend." He opens the door enough for us to walk in. I might not trust Batman at the moment but he could respect the man's butler.

"Thanks Alfred! I'm glad you answered the door my friend here is kinda upset with your boss. So your doing him a favor." He whispered the last bit but rather loudly so I still heard. I decide to ignore it.

"Yes, thanks Mr. Alfred can you show us to Batman's workplace? I would like this transaction to go as quickly as possible. So we can go home sooner." I made up my mind we are going to fix that belt now. I don't want to spend another second here, I desperately wish I was wearing my Spider-Man suit. Instead of being boring old Peter Parker, at least then I could have done something.

"What? You don't wanna stay a little while longer?" Wade whines and quickly realizes that was the wrong thing to do, with the glare I gave him.

" I see, I apologize on my Master's behalf but I feel he is the one that should be doing the apologizing. May I inquire why you are upset with him?" He seems concerned, but I'm sure he'll hear the gist later. For now I don't want to trouble the nice butler. Who reminded him of Tony Stark's AI except human.

"I wouldn't want to bother you with it, you seem like a busy man. I just want to get this over with." I glance at Deadpool who looks like he wants to spill the tea to Alfred. I glare at him again and he gives me two finger hearts. I decide to leave him be, I knew I was going to burst on Batman about it soon. But hopefully he calms down fully before they met back up.

"Of course, I'll show you the way, Mr.Parker." He leads us into the mansion and we get to a door that opens into a dark passageway. We follow Alfred in and I get this feeling something was going to wrong. But I trudge on through throwing caution aside, maybe it was the nerve or his silent anger. But I feel confident and ready for anything to come next.