Chapter 2: New Quirk and New Friends

Around 6-7 years went by, and Tenko had settled in nicely. But some changes were made. The small family discovered that Tenko's rapid hair change was due to his Quirk appearing, making a large change to his appearance, shown through his blue hair and red eyes, which were both originally black. Tenko also developed a type of separation anxiety, not wanting to be separated from Izuku for long periods of time.

They had recently moved away from their previous home, and into a nice suburban house a couple of blocks away. It had a beautiful cherry blossom tree in the front yard and a fruit and vegetable garden in the backyard, which Izuku tends to do so they have fresh fruits and veggies when they want them. Inko had gotten a job as a nurse at a nearby hospital and usually had to work extra hours or night shifts, making it hard for her to come home before Tenko and Izuku were asleep. Tenko helped his mom out by working at home and helping with the chores and food, and Izuku helped out by becoming an online streamer for extra money and doing chores when he had the time or when Tenko was making food. Tenko cared a lot about Izuku and considered him his hero for saving him when they were little. When Izuku nervously came out to be pansexual, he became an overprotective big brother, making sure that nobody tries to do anything to him.

~☆~

Izuku continued to be bullied by Bakugou and everybody else, but Izuku never tells Tenko about it, making the excuse that he was merely clumsy. But Tenko noticed that Izuku was gaining more and more scars all over his body, which looked like they were from burns. They mostly were on his legs and arms, but there was a large burn on his neck and some on his face.

Tenko didn't buy Izuku's lies and was worried about him, so one day, he decided to follow Izuku around to see what he was hiding. Izuku was peacefully reading under a large shady tree in the park when three boys started walking up to him. A spiky blond (Bakugou), a brunette, and one with big red scaly wings. Tenko saw Bakugou make an explosion in his hand and burn Izuku. Izuku started to cry as the three other boys laughed at him. Tenko snapped, his eye twitching as he walked over, throwing his bag to the ground and grabbing Bakugou's arm before he struck Izuku again.

"HAH?! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" He yelled, getting out of his grip and stepping back.

Izuku looked up, quivering, and saw Tenko standing in front of him, facing Bakugou.

"Tenko- Tenko nii-san?!" The two boys behind Bakugou stepped back in surprise.

"Huh?! Nii-san?!" Bakugou took a step back but stopped. He snarled and glared Tenko dead in the eyes with fury plastered across his face.

"THE DAMN NERD HAS A BROTHER AND HE DIDN'T TELL ME?!" He thought, outraged by the greenette's supposed secrets he hid from him. Bakugou looked at Tenko up and down then glared back at Izuku, who was shakingly getting up from the ground wincing at the cool air as it breathed against the fresh burns on his skin.

"Tch. If this loser is your brother, then you must be a Quirkless loser too. Or you just have a pathetic Quirk like changing eye colors or something." Bakugou scoffed at Izuku, smirking and thinking that there was no way that Tenko was at all strong in any way if he was Izuku's brother.

Tenko growled and helped Izuku up. He then looked Bakugou in the eyes with a piercing glare and, without breaking eye contact, took off one of his gloves, stepped over to a tree, and pressed his hand against the rough hard bark.

Slowly, the tree started to crumble and turn to dust.

Tenko put back on his glove and took Izuku by the hand, walking away and leaving the three bullies stunned and frightened, only stopping to pick up his bag.