Chapter 4: The Exam

The first part of the exam was a written test, which Izuku found highly easy for him. He also found some spelling errors and grammar mistakes hidden in the questions. He finished before everyone else and gave the papers to the examiner who was the pro-hero Present Mic. He went back to his seat and dozed off, sleeping peacefully while radiating a calm aura that made people around him relax and focus better. As Present Mic gave out information about the second, Izuku woke up and listened to him sleepily. Suddenly, a boy stood up and interrupted Mic as he spoke about the robots that would appear in the second part of the exam. He was tall and muscular, and he also had black hair and wore rectangular half-rim glasses. His eyes were also somewhat rectangular, as was his jaw.

"Sir! You told us that there were going to be four robots in the second part of the exam, but you've only mentioned three! If this is a mistake by UA, I am highly disappointed!" He said very loudly. He then turned to Izuku and pointed at him. "And you! You should have more respect for the exam and not sleep while others are trying to work!"

Izuku became very flustered and looked down, ashamed of himself.

"My apologies.." He said nervously, sitting upright in his seat. Most of them glared at the boy in glasses for making the greenette sad when he was clearly while others just scoffed at the weakness he showed, thinking about how he should pay more attention and stop slacking off.

The boy in glasses nodded sharply at the apology, turned around and sat down, allowing Mic to finish explaining the second part of the exam. When he was done, everybody went to the fake city and waited at the gates. Izuku started to stretch and went into the splits.

"Wow, you're really flexible!" Someone behind him commented. Izuku turned around and saw a girl a little shorter than him with big brown eyes, light brown hair, and rosy cheeks looking at him in amazement.

"Oh, um... thank you miss. What is your name?"

"I'm Uraraka Ochako! What about you?"

"Midoriya Izuku. It's nice to meet you, miss." He said, smiling softly.

A few moments later, Present Mic had climbed onto the entrance gates of the fake city. The gates opened, and Izuku ran in, ignoring the yells of protest behind him.

"HEY! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO IN YET! THEY HAVEN'T TOLD US TO GO!" The kid in the glasses yelled.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! THERE ARE NO COUNTDOWNS IN A REAL BATTLE! GO, GO, GO!!!!" Mic yelled. Everybody ran in and started to defeat the robots. Izuku was in the middle of the city and opened a small void. He reached in and grabbed a box, closing the void after. He opened the box, and out came hundreds of mechanical spiders. Izuku pressed his choker, and the spiders started to crawl onto the robots. They got into the control panels, cutting the power source and shutting them down. They were made of thin metal scraps and were hard to see. They were extremely small so most people couldn't see them. In the observation room, pro heroes watched the examiners fight the robots and marked the scores.

"Wait, zoom in on that kid." The person who spoke wore all black, had a gray scarf wrapped around their neck, sleek yellow goggles on their head, long black hair, black eyes, and a small amount of facial hair. "What is he doing?"

"Well, Aizawa, it looks like he's controlling those small mechanical spiders using the device around his neck." A small creature said. It had a scar over one of its eyes, wore a miniature suit, and looked like a combination of a dog, a mouse, and a bear.

"What's the info on this kid, Nezu?"

Nezu picked up a clipboard that held info about the examiners and looked at it closely.