Chapter 11: Ballots and Break In

Izuku didn't expect to be bombarded with questions when coming back from his morning shopping trip. But here he was, surrounded by reporters who were shoving mics in his face and spewing question after question about All Might. He was grumbling inside, but wore a smile on his face as he tried to answer, and also avoid most of the queries.

"Hey, you! Can you tell us what it's like to work so closely with All Might?" Izuku twitched slightly at the blond's name, but kept calm and answered, trying to say something good for the cameras, not wanting to ruin the man's image, as much as he wanted to.

"He's very enthusiastic, as always, and teaches our classes pretty well for being fairly unfamiliar at his new job. Sadly, I feel as though that is all I can answer as class will be starting soon. Gomen-nasai reporter-san." He bowed and walked away, waving at the swarm of reporters outside the school grounds.

"That kid was pretty nice."

"Yeah. Polite as well."

Izuku sighed as he walked into the school, quickly heading up to the dorms to put away all the food he bought. A couple of moments later, Uraraka and Iida walked into the living room, chatting.

"Oh, hey Midoriya-kun! Did you go shopping this morning?"

"Yeah, we were running out of food, so I went to buy more."

"You do know that you don't have to buy food for us, right Midoriya-kun?" Izuku chuckled at Iida's question.

"Oh don't worry about that. The school provides the money for food. I just wanted to get the food myself. Walking around outside helps me clear my mind. By the way, did you get stopped by reporters when coming in as well?"

"Yeah. Did they ask you about All Might as well?"

"What else would they ask? He is the number one hero. And his new teaching position sparks questions in a lot of people."

"You have a point."

"Anyway, class is going to start soon. You should change into your uniform Iida-kun. I know you would never wear your casual clothes to class."

"You're right! I almost forgot about my attire. Thank you for the reminder, Midoriya-kun!" Iida sped off to change and Uraraka giggled.

"You know our classmates' habits really well. And we haven't even been in school that long."

"It's mostly a habit. I like observing things. Helps a lot. Wait! Mina's not awake yet! I need to make her coffee! She always wakes up after having it. Could you go make sure that she's getting dressed and finishing her skincare routine?"

"Sure thing!" Uraraka walked away but stopped before disappearing around the corner.

"You know, our class is already starting to feel like a big family." Izuku let out a fond smile as Uraraka turned the corner, beginning to brew up some coffee for his alien-like friend.

~☆~

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training, you guys," Aizawa said. "I saw the video feeds and went over each of your team's results. Bakugou. You're talented, so don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?" Bakugou let out a tsk at the comment.

"Yeah, whatever."

"And Midoriya." Izuku looked up from the twirling pen in his hand to his teacher.

"I saw your strategy for the win. It was pretty clever for a split-second decision. Especially considering that you could've been fried if you didn't move fast enough. Although, I'm disappointed that you didn't consider your safety that much at the moment."