Chapter 14: Races and Teamwork

Note:
This → — "..." — means the announcer is speaking.
This → "..." means someone is thinking.
This → "..." means someone is talking.

~☆~

After the day of rest, Izuku's marks faded away and his head stopped throbbing. He had gotten a good night's rest and was woken up by Todoroki and Trixter just in time for breakfast. He took a shower and put on some eyeliner and a black headband to push his bangs back. He dressed in a dark gray and black hoodie, liking the comfy and baggy feeling it had. He also had on dark gray sweatpants, a pair of black and platform shoes, and his usual choker around his neck.

Mina, surprisingly, was the first one up and had made pancakes for the class. When Izuku complimented her cooking skills, she waved it off with a smile, saying that she only learned from watching him make breakfast.

"I'm glad to see that your marks faded. Is your headache gone?" Izuku nodded at Momo's question.

"Yes, the headache faded yesterday around lunch. I wonder who our substitute will be since Aizawa-sensei is still recovering."

"What about Ryukyu?"

"Ooh, Bubble Girl's one of my favorite heroes! I hope it's her!"

"I don't think they're going to bring in any pro heroes who don't have a teaching license. Maybe Miss. Midnight or Present Mic might teach us."

The conversation went on for a while until it was time for class. Izuku walked with Todoroki and Sero to class, enjoying the comfortable silence as they walked through the halls.

As usual, Iida was telling everyone to get in their seats, when he was the only one standing, to which he blushed when Kirishima pointed it out. The class was waiting to see who their substitute would be, only to be shocked when Aizawa walked through the door covered in bandages.

"Morning." He acted completely casual like he wasn't heavily injured.

"Aizawa-sensei? You're back already?!"

"Are you sure you're healed enough to keep teaching?"

"My welfare isn't important..."

"Pretty sure it is." Izuku deadpanned, thinking about how much he was coddled the day before for being injured.

"...because your fight is far from over."

"Our fight?"

Izuku groaned slightly. "Don't tell me that means..."

"More villains?!" Mineta looked scared, sweating a lot.

"No, the U.A.'s sports festival is fast approaching!"

"THAT'S TOTALLY ORDINARY!"

"Come on, we just had a villain attack. Are you sure about this, Aizawa-sensei?"

"Apparently, the thinking is that this is necessary in order to demonstrate that the U.A.'s crisis management protocols are sound. Compared to the past years, there'll be five times the police presence. Anyhow, our sports festival is the greatest opportunity you'll get. It's not an event to get canceled over a few villains."

Mineta began quietly voicing his worry over the festival, only to be cut off by Aizawa.

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. The Olympics used to be the world's sports festival. The whole country would be whipped into a frenzy over them. But as most of you know, that tradition has shrunk in scale to a shell of its former self. As far as Japan's concerned, what's taking place during the Olympics is the U.A. sports festival."