Chapter 2

Melissa's POV

After a couple of hours, we have finally arrived. We drove for about 2 hours to reach our house. Flowers surrounding the house made it even more like our home in Australia. I went inside. I thought that we have to unpack a lot of things but i guess the movers alredy did it.

"where's my room?" i asked.

"upstairs and down the hall,"she said." it has your name on the door."

I picked up my suitcase and head to my room.

This room is perfect!" thanks, mom and dad

This room is perfect!" thanks, mom and dad. I love it! " i yelled. I went straight to the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom, showered and put on my comfiest pajamas.

The room was perfect. But, a little touch up won't be bad. I put up some fairy lights and filled the room with some plushies to make it extra cozy. It was already late at night. I better go to bed now. I turn off the lights and flew to dreamland.

The next day

My alarm clock started blasting the song ' notice me' by Alli Simpson. The song always put me into a good mood. Hold on, what day is it today?great, it's Monday. I have college. Ugh, I'll just get the day started.

I jump out of bed, pick my outfit and hop into the shower. I head downstairs for some breakfast. Mom is making waffles! Yes! "good morning, Melissa. Sit down and have sone breakfast. Your father already left for work early,"she said." don't i have college today? "i asked.

" well, you see, classes are cancelled for a month as there was an missle attack near the college ground. It destroyed half of the building. So, they have to shut down the building for repairs, "she said while washing the dishes." ok, then. I'll just go explore the city a bit. I'll be back before noon. " I put on my shoe and head out.