CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Chapter 18 – The Crazed Leopard Demon

Outside the barrier, the peach blossom demon kept calling the name of the two stone demons as she anxiously walked around in a circle. It was very urgent! These two stone demons were even more reclusive than most old demons. They could hole inside their territory and didn’t come out for weeks to come. Even if they came out, they did it without schedules or signs. She was obviously their closest neighbor, but even she only saw them very rarely.
If it weren’t for the situation, she wouldn’t come to disturb them either. Now, only the two stone demons could help. Thinking of this, the peach blossom demon called out their names again.

Not long after, a slender figure appeared, and Yao Jiuxiao stood in front of the peach blossom demon. Seeing him, the peach blossom demon’s eyes suddenly brightened: “You finally came out! Something bad happened! Can you help? The leopard demon from Wutong Mountain suddenly goes crazy and injured many demons. Other demons from neighboring mountains have gone to help, but you two are the most powerful demons in Cangshan…”

Wutong Mountain was two mountains away from Cangshan, and the resident with the highest cultivation base was precisely this leopard demon. His cultivation was at the late stage of Body Refining, barely on the verge of the Transformation stage. However, for an unknown reason, the leopard demon suddenly lost his mind and turned crazy, destroying half of the mountain. His neighbors tried to stop him, but were injured in the process.

The cultivation bases of the demons living in the Duanping Mountain Range were generally below the Body Refining stage. Those who had reached the Body Refining stage and above could be counted with the fingers of two hands.

A cultivation base at the late Body Refining stage was among the strongest in the area. On top of that, the leopard demon had lost his mind, which significantly raised his strength. Even demons in the Transformation stage didn’t dare to attack recklessly.

The demons in the Duanping Mountain Ranges mainly were originated from harmless small animals or plants. This made the leopard demon, a large carnivore, one of the most powerful beings, regardless of cultivation base. The two stone demons were at the late Body Refining stage. In Cangshan, except for the two of them, only the peach blossom demon and the locust tree demon living on the top of the mountain had the same cultivation base as the leopard demon. However, the peach blossom demon had no combat power. How could she stop a rampaging carnivore? As for the old locust tree, he had entered the closed-door cultivation some time ago and had yet to come out of his seclusion.

Other demons with a high enough cultivation base all went to help. The peach blossom demon thought of their mountain’s two newcomers. Their strength was not low, and they were basically the strongest demons in Cangshan. So the peach blossom demon came to call them, thinking that their help might make a difference.

Yao Jiuxiao naturally knew what she was talking about. His spiritual sense had long noticed the commotion two mountains away. He initially didn’t intend to intervene, until the peach blossom demon came asking for help. This demon had helped them a few times before, so he couldn’t turn her down coldly.

At this moment, Lu Qingyu walked out, carrying the child in his arms. He looked at Yao Jiuxiao, “You are going out?”

Lu Yaoyao looked over curiously, “Ah?” Where is Father going?

Yao Jiuxiao did not answer.

The peach blossom demon saw Lu Qingyu came out and was pleasantly surprised. She quickly gave a brief explanation, then looked at the family of three with expectant eyes.

The more helper, the better.

“Zhu’er is still very young.” Lu Qingyu replied indifferently. Just a small demon went crazy. What did it matter to him? Yao Jiuxiao might be bored enough to take care of this kind of matter, but he didn’t intend to go.