CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE (PART II)

Daughter of the Dao and Devil Venerables Chapter 65 Part 2 – Looking for the Exit (II)

Shen Changyuan brought Lu Yaoyao out to hunt and returned with prey shortly after. Standing on top of the black qilin’s head, the little dumpling looked at the dead beast with a worried look, “This is not a demon beast, right?”

Lu Yaoyao was right to worry, as she could hardly distinguish spirit beasts from demon beasts unless they spoke. On top of that, she found that the creatures in the Abyss mainly had bizarre looks.

Shen Changyuan said patiently, “I don’t eat demon beasts.” Then he gestured for Lu Yaoyao to start eating the meat.

“???” In reaction, Lu Yaoyao jumped down in fright and let out a long chirp.

Father could only make strange food, but they were at least cooked! But this person, who wanted to be her third father, actually let her eat raw meat!

Lu Yaoyao resolutely refused, “I don’t eat raw meat!” Moreover, this beast lived in an environment where the sun was not seen all year round. Who knew if there was any strange substance in the meat? No, she should stop thinking about it. Otherwise, the meat would look even more unappetizing.

Seeing that the cub resisted so much, Shen Changyuan did not insist, but picked up the prey and walked back. Like the cub, he was also used to eating only cooked food before. If he hadn’t been stranded here, he also wouldn’t have resorted to eating raw meat, but the conditions here didn’t allow him to be picky in order to survive.

He understood the cub’s feeling, but since she was already here, she had to get used to the harsh environment; otherwise, she wouldn’t be able to survive.

Seeing Shen Changyuan’s silent movement, Lu Yaoyao felt a little uneasy. Brother Yuanyuan treated her so well. Seeing that she was hungry, he endured physical discomfort to hunt for her. She shouldn’t be so picky, but even though she was a demon, she still couldn’t make herself eat raw meat…

“Brother Yuanyuan, I’m sorry…” Lu Yaoyao was in a great dilemma, as she didn’t want to let down Brother Yuanyuan’s kindness.

Shen Changyuan glanced at the cub and found that she was still standing in the same place, looking dumbfounded and sad. He rolled her up with his tail, put her on his back, then quickly dashed back to the cave.

Lu Yaoyao was lying dumbfoundedly on the black qilin’s back. However, she was more used to standing on his head, so she quickly trotted over and sat securely there.

The place they went hunting was not too far away, and they soon returned to the cave entrance. Shen Changyuan put down the prey. In his mind, he thought that he should train the cub to be not as squeamish, or she might starve to death before finding a way home. However, Shen Changyuan’s body was more honest, as it began to look for dry wood that could be used to make a fire.

Shen Changyuan didn’t possess a fire spiritual root, nor had he ever subjugated a celestial fire. The soul fruit could repair his body, but not his cultivation base, so he had to start cultivating from the very beginning again. In other words, he currently had no way to conjure fire out of thin air.

But with his dragon core taken away, could he really redo his cultivation? Shen Changyuan’s eyes darkened.

Lu Yaoyao saw what Shen Changyuan was doing and happily went to help. The Abyss was bare everywhere, and the trees that occasionally grew here had no leaves, only branches that looked like hanging roots. These branches had similar characteristics: they were very thick and strong. Shen Changyuan looked around and finally chose a long branch to take back before splitting it into countless pieces with his claws.