CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART I)

Chapter 19 Part 1 – The Demon Inn (I)

This year’s snow had been falling longer compared with previous years. After three days of continuous fall, the snow showed no sign of stopping and was getting heavier instead. Almost the entire Demon Realm was covered in snowflakes, turning the scenery into a boring white-clad world.
An old wooden door suddenly squeaked open. Storm-engulfed snowflakes blew into the building, followed by the cold air that shook the dim candlelight.

The deadly silence in the room was suddenly broken. A rough voice grumpily asked: “Who?”

Two pointed and curved horns emerged from behind a tattered wooden counter, followed by the figure of a sturdy demon in the form of a middle-aged human male. The demon had a fierce-looking face. His pair of bronze eyes cast a glance at the opened wooden door that was blown by the wind.

This place was a demon inn, located in the unhabituated wilderness in the middle of nowhere. Because it had been snowing for several days, a thick layer of snow had accumulated on the ground. With such bad weather, demons with low cultivation bases chose to hole in their nest, waiting for the winter to pass.

The roads heading to the inn were hard to traverse, so no one would come unless they were passing by. Its owner was a buffalo demon, whose cultivation base was on the later stage of Transformation. He had been doing inn business here close to five hundred years.

Every year during the winter, when the road was cold and snowy, was the worst time for business. In some years, there would be no guests come from the first snow to the beginning of spring. Therefore, the owner basically spent winter time dozing off inside the inn.

This year’s winter also started as usual. The owner had been sleeping soundly on the floor behind the counter for several days when he was suddenly awakened by the sound of the door opened. The still drowsy buffalo demon woke up grumpily.

The inn’s front door was opened wide, and the cold wind filled with snowflakes blew in, taking away the warmth inside. The buffalo demon was of unusually tall stature. When he stood behind the counter, the flickering candlelight cast a huge black shadow of his figure.

The sudden visitor had not yet stepped in. The red hem of his robe was first blown in by the cold wind, continued by a pair of black boots stepping in, and finally, the wooden door closed automatically behind him.

The buffalo demon moved his gaze upwards and met a handsome male face. Due to the arrival of this guest, the dark and dilapidated lobby had suddenly become bright. However, the buffalo demon felt an inexplicably danger and pressure, which instantly woke up his irritated brain. He quickly walked around the counter to greet the guest, showing the best of his honest and cordial smile.

“Fellow Daoist, are you going to stay for the night?” This guest’s human form was perfect, without any signs of demon characteristics. Obviously, his cultivation base was very high. This person was not someone the buffalo demon could offend, so his attitude became more respectful.

—No wonder he hadn’t sensed this demon’s arrival beforehand.

The male demon glanced at the dilapidated lobby and frowned slightly, but he still said, “Do you have something a little cub can eat?”

A little cub? The buffalo demon was stunned. Before he could answer, he saw the red bulge on the male demon’s chest was suddenly moving, and then a cute little face appeared from it.

The buffalo demon’s eyes widened in surprise. It turned out that the male demon was carrying a baby girl in his arms. The girl was so tiny, still a little cub, and she was wearing a hooded cloak, which made her appearance even more exquisite.