CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

Daughter of the Dao and Devil Venerables Chapter 53 – Hunting

“Yaoyao, who do you like the most?”

Lu Yaoyao was surrounded by a group of fluffy animals, with their big round eyes staring firmly at her. Lu Yaoyao raised her eyes and stared into the sky, full of helplessness. Her two jealous fathers fought all day long to compete for her attention, but unexpectedly, now even her little friends also did the same! Each and every one of them was her soft and fluffy little friend. She loved them so much. How could she bear to hurt their feelings?

Lu Yaoyao blinked and asked curiously, “Then who do you like the most?”

Song Xiaoqi, Bai Shi’er, and Yin Si said in unison: “Of course I like Yaoyao the most.”

Lu Yaoyao solemnly said: “Whoever likes me the most, I also like them the most.”

When the cubs heard this, they immediately smiled. Each one thought: since I like Yaoyao the most, it means that Yaoyao also likes me the most!

The little green snake Junjun, coiled around Lu Yaoyao’s wrist, poked out his head and rubbed himself against Lu Yaoyao’s palm. He shyly said with a small voice: “I like Yaoyao and Maomao the most.” Maomao was the little civet cat who was with Junjun most of the time.

Lu Yaoyao patted the little snake’s head: “I also like Junjun the most.”

The cubs laughed merrily in ignorance. Before anyone had the time to notice her trick, Lu Yaoyao hurriedly waved her hand and pointed at the frozen lake: “Let’s go skating!” The girl ran out and rushed her friends, “Come on!”

“Yaoyao, wait for me!” When other cubs saw Lu Yaoyao dashing away, they hurriedly ran after her.

The cubs who had just been fighting were now happily playing together again. Lu Yaoyao watched the group of furry bounced around in harmony and secretly sighed in relief. As long as she kept her little friends occupied, no one would remember to question her.

She is so smart!

At noon, the parents cooked meals together. Initially, only Qianniang and peach blossom demon volunteered to be the chefs, but because not many adults were needed to look after the cubs, the rest came to help with the cooking. The parents showed off their various cooking skills. Since they were coming as guests, each family also brought food or ingredients, adding a lot to the menu. Some parents brought in a long table from somewhere and placed it by the lake. The table, full of food, was overflowing with a delicious aroma, enticing the cubs who rushed to the table and proceeded to share food lively.

Lu Yaoyao maintained the posture as the host. Although she wanted to eat with her friends, she prioritized taking care of her guests first, ensuring that everyone had enough food and drink.

Lu Qingyu and Yao Jiuxiao, who had never seen such a down-to-earth banquet, stood motionlessly with indescribable faces.

Lu Yaoyao saw her two fathers were ‘at a loss’ and quickly arranged seats for them. She picked two plates, filled them with the exact same food, and placed the plates in front of Yao Jiuxiao and Lu Qingyu: “Father, Daddy, have a taste.”

This was the best food Lu Yaoyao had ever eaten. She had to get some to her Father and Daddy quickly; otherwise, it might be gone in no time.

Lu Yaoyao looked at her Father eagerly. She wished that Father could learn something and gain experience today. Even if he couldn’t make good-looking and delicious food, at least she wanted more varieties, not just drinking meat broth every day.

Yao Jiuxiao, who understood the meaning of Lu Yaoyao’s expectant gaze: “…”

Lively times passed by quickly. After the cubs filled their stomach, they continued skating on the ice. They had developed various ways to play on the frozen lake in just half a day, and the place was full of the cubs’ hearty laughter.