Varunaian National Military Overview

The Varunaian National Military is the unified armed forces of the Negara Varunai.

Military Philosophy and Doctrine

Varunaian National Military philosophy and doctrine focused on National Struggle for a Total People's War, which is claimed to derives from the Bumiputra (Sons of Soil) military tactics used by military commanders during the Varunaian Empire era against invasive hostile forces. However, these claims are usually questioned by cultural-political skeptics as nationalist propaganda that was coined by PRN during the National Revolution and the Suvarna War.

This doctrine was created due to Varunai lack of sophisticated equipment and the enormous size of the Suvarna island continent, which numerous outlying regions are vulnerable to planned assault by invading forces that could lead to the destruction of the region's conventional military forces. If this scenario occurs, surviving members are instructed to conduct territorial guerrilla war with the military acting as the active rallying point for the prolonging resistance by encouraging close bond with local villagers in order to maximize wartime resources and local population support.

This lead to the creation of territorial forces, battalion-brigade size local militia groups formed in their home provinces, which they would mobilize the population into an armed resistance in a case of active aggression. 

Whereas regular members of the National Military have annually engaged in large-scale rural development and community building either in their own territories or elsewhere in Suvarna by organizing and assisting construction of civilian buildings in villages, outside of their provinces and in mixed ethnic groups military units in order to create an effective military force by minimizing identity conflicts. This allow the VNM to be organized in brigade-division size military units, who are already familiarize in various cultural climates and effective operation with local territorial forces.

This philosophy has been exploited to boost popular support for the PRN among the civilian and military groups, which they believe they are forming an well-integrated community as a form of political stability to serve the interests of the nation and people over the interests of provinces, races and religions. Furthermore, the PRN and VNM has agreed to extend this philosophy on an international stage through peacekeeping missions conducted by the Jentayu Contingent putting Varunai as a powerful humanitarian country within the developing world on an international media coverage.  

Uniforms

The Varunaian National Military wears the latest No

The Varunaian National Military wears the latest No.3 uniform created with flame-resist fibre designed to be higher water absorption. They wore M99 Kevlar Helmet and Type 3 Ballistic Vest, which is a indigenous copy of the Oceanian PASGT. These soldiers represent the early-21st century modern soldiers. However, they are outmatched compared to the standard armed forces by world powers, which integrated infantryman are widespread along with the use of experimental powered exoskeleton. The VNM is currently trying to modernize the land forces by creating their own integrated infantrymen system under the Advanced Personnel Experiment (APEX) program lead by WKO and Syvarin.