Chapter 3: Negara Varunai

Kangoan Marina District, Kangoan, Negara Varunai (8:40AM 30 January 1639)

"So, this is Negara Varunai..."

The KDV Laksamana Ragam passed by two Muara-class patrol boats that guards the frontiers of the Kangoan Marina District with the Marians on board overwhelmed by the sight of the cityscape horizon that extends far beyond their expectations, it was breathtaking yet surreal experience to step into the urbanized world with looming skyscrapers, highways and building size statues. Whereas, below these structure lies a colourful diverse blend of architecture structures influenced from different eras and cultures that Kangoan gone throughout the centuries from traditional to colonial, preserving cultural and historical heritage that influence the nation whilst modernizing for their future.

The royal yacht arrived at the civilian dockside for foreign tourists, which expected with docks full of foreign yachts and cruise liners stuck in Varunai since the transfer. The ship connect itself to a mobile bridge to the dockside tourist station with the bridge hallway walls covered with polycarbonate plate windows with spacing has at least a poster or digital screens of tourism advertisement displaying the wonders of Varunai.

At the station entrance, there was a bus and a pair of Shanxin Paramanis armoured cars guard on both ends of the bus waiting for them. along with dozens of men in suits and police uniform stood on guard with the officer in charge stepped forward.

  along with dozens of men in suits and police uniform stood on guard with the officer in charge stepped forward

"Zafuan, so these guys our escorts from Mari, correct?" the officer asked. Instead of a suit, he was wearing a navy-blue military battledress, tactical vest and beret with a VSM-72 submachine gun hanging on his back. The office bares a stubble face and droopy eyes as if he just woken up just before the occasion.

"Azahari! You're here. Meet our Visitors from Vestal" Zafuan shakes his hand with the officer before introducing Ossas and Elduian.

"Nice to meeting you, I am Captain Azahari Teoh, I will be your escort throughout the trip according to Zafuan's preparation" the officer shook hands with the delegates before leading them to the to load the delegates equipment. However, the Marian guards are allowed to keep their weapons beside them on board for conformity reasons. The bus begins its destination along with the pair of Shanxin Paramanis armoured cars and a caravan of police motorcycles tagging along the journey to Kota Varun.

"Everyone on board, we'll be taking Sultan Momin Jamalul Tajuddin bridge since we have yet deemed the underwater channel train to be safe yet since the transfer. Hopefully throughout the journey you enjoy the view of the Varunai Bay." Azahari announced on the bus radio before walking back to his seat near Zafuan.

"Bridge? Underwater?" said Elduain

"Oh yes. the previous sultan; my father imposed an act to preserve and cultural and environmental state of Varunai Bay, which we limited the cruise liners to Kangoan. This 30-kilometre two-way bridge was constructed under my brother's decision and was completed four years ago to serve as a gateway between Kangoan to Kota Varun. Whereas, the underground tunnel is for subway train that connects directly from Kangoan to Kota Varun, which was recently open a couple of months ago. However, the transfer have placed the subway train on standby for safety concerns until further notice."