Summer🌻 10

•3rd POV•

When you fled your way out from school, you made haste toward the shopping district where there are many interesting shops reside. It's a perfect place to find a part-time job.

Walking through the busy streets, you expected the place wouldn't be packed since it's not the weekend but you were mistakenly wrong. You stood at the middle of the district with mouth slightly agape, watching the every corner of the streets are crowded by people.

"Better get this over with

"Better get this over with..." you sighed as you continued to walk into the busy district.

You scan your surrounding, infatuated by how it's so different from the market at your home town.

The shopping district is more diverse than from your country side. Back there, the shopping district is fairly small, there are only a certain small number of vendors and stalls.

"CHEAP AND TASTY CHAP SUEY!"

Your attention was caught a by a loud boasting voice coming from a women, beside her was a small vendor full of edibles.

"Chap suey... It's been a long time since I've got one of those. Maybe next time I'll make make one of those."

You scanned your surrounding once more peering at every shops that could possibly take you in. 'A butchers shop?' You stood beside the butchering shop, debating if you should take the job as a butcher. You do have a bit of experience of cutting meats, but not as skillful as the butcher man you are currently watching. The way cuts down the meat so effortlessly with his cleaver, it reminds you of how your grandmother skillfully cuts a meat when she cooks for the both of you and your grandfather.

"I don't think that place would be a good for me..." you sighed.

For the past few hours every store that you went in to didn't accepted you. It's understandable for you haven't reach the age of adulthood, that's why they were so hesitant to take you in.

You let out a hoarse sigh as you resumed on walking. You then stop on your tracks when you caught a blissful whiff of a freshly cooked fried rice. Turning your head to side, you saw a small restaurant where the strong aroma has coming from.

"Wanmin restaurant..."

"(Y/N)! Hey!" You heard a familiar voice that's calling after you. Turning you head to the side, there you spotted Xiangling, who's waving a ladle in her hand to grab you attention, which it surely did grab your attention.You snicker at this and you went inside the restaurant.

The atmosphere inside restaurant is very warm and welcoming. The place is completely enveloped by the sweet aroma of the cooked fried rice. Since the restaurant solds beers and alcohol, many adults from the corner are enjoying themselves while they take a swig of their beers. As for the other costumers, they were enjoying their meal at the table counter.