Summer🌻 17

•3rd Person•

The time when you and Kazuha finally arrived at the building was when the stars hugged the night sky

The time when you and Kazuha finally arrived at the building was when the stars hugged the night sky. Flipping your phone open, you checked what time it was. 

"Shit…" you mutter. 

"It's 7:52…" he said after glancing at your phone screen

Closing your phone, glance at Kazuha who has his hand clinging to your arm with his hood and mask on. 

"Mind letting me go?" You raised your brow at him.

Hearing this, he frowns and only tightens his holds on you. "Just scared of what punishment would Xiao give us."

"Is he really strict when it comes to time?" You pushed the door open not before letting Kazuha in first. Once you enter the building your role switches to being their manager.

"If only you knew what happened to the past manager that was late during the first day." 

Kazuha removes his hood then his masks, his voice becomes clearer to understand. Fixing the strands of hair that are out of place, he then turns to look at you, asking you if his hair is now in place. You pointed at your head at the side of where the side of his hair was still astray. He nods then fixes that side of his hair.

You opened the elevator and entered along with Kazuha. "Don't worry, I got your back."

————

————

"Where here—" You opened the door to enter the studio only to be welcomed by a booming voice of the angered Xiao.

"WHERE HAVE YOU TWO BEEN!"

Shocked by his sudden outburst, you waste no time and answer. Fearing to anger the boy more.

"We were doing our school project and I failed to realise what time it was. I'm sorry, I failed to be a good manager." You lied.

Kazuha bit the inside of his cheeks. He asked himself why were you willing to go so far to lie for him when he knows he's the one at fault.

You stared directly into Xiao's amber eyes, a bit scared but you know that if you didn't make eye contact, he'll know you lied.

Entering the room you turned to look back at Kazuha who followed along, he timidly entered the room.

The amber eyed boy glared at you full of hatred. "You." He growls as he ball his hand to a fist.

Noticing the air in the room, Venti tries to change the subject. "Ehh… Xiao what if we wrap things up here." He holds on to Xiao's back.

"NO!" He pushes Venti aside, making him stumble.

"Venti!" Aether immediately went to aid Venti.

Blinded by his anger, Xiao failed to notice that he roughly pushed Venti down. The only thing that wrapped in his mind was you. "You. How can you fail to fulfil a simple task!" He marched his way toward you, ignoring Aether's calls.

"You're only dragging us down!"

"Xiao!" Venti calls out as he stands up.
As Xiao comes closer to your direction, you slowly back away out of fear.

"You're just the same as all of them."

"What…"

"You're not taking us seriously do you?!? I bet that you only drag Kazuha away just to skip practice!"

"WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!" You answered back, angry by his assumptions to you.

"(Y/N), please calm down!" Kazuha holds on to your arm to stop the argument.

"NO! From the day that I first came here You have been nothing but rude to me!" You jab your pointer finger at him.

This clearly angered him more so he grabbed your wrist. "IT'S ONLY THE SECOND DAY OF YOUR JOB AND YOU'VE BARELY SHOWN ANY SIGNS OF PROFESSIONALISM!"

You tried to struggle away from his grip but it was futile. He only tightened his grip leaving a bruise. 

"Xiao stop." Venti took a hold on the arm that is holding your wrist and gave Xiao a warning look.

As if coming back to his senses, Xiao looks at the people in the room. Aether looks like a mess from not knowing what to do, Kazuha holding on to you in a protective motion, and then Venti. 

A rare sight to be seen, that his usual carefree persona has turned revealed to his serious one. The others were shocked by the grand reveal of this side of Venti. Used by his carefree persona, they wouldn't expect that there is even a version of this to Venti.

Noticing the glint of disappointment and sorrow in his eyes, Xiao turned to look at where Venti was holding him, then followed along to where his hand was grasping your wrist.

When he finally realised what he was doing, he immediately let go of your wrist and slowly backed away.

"Aether."

"Y-Yes?" Aether sweats at the way Venti calls his name without his cheery voice.

"Call the producer. We're cancelling tomorrow's schedule." 

"W-What!" The blonde said in horror.

Venti turned to the two juniors and gave them a sorrowful look. "Are you two ok…" Venti held yours and Kazuha's hands worriedly, while giving a few glances at Xiao if he was also alright.

"I'm ok?" you answered unsurely, as you were still bewildered from what was happening.

"I'm fine…" Kazuha answered while avoiding the braided boy's gaze.

"Venti! Are we really going to cancel tomorrow's schedule!?!" The blonde questioned their leader,

Venti hummed, "It's for the better." He said as he took another worried glance at Xiao.

'we're not going to take on another project until I know that everyone is mentally stable.' He sighs and frowns his brows. "I'm also not in good shape." He mutters.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing, tell the Producer that we're cancelling it. The practice ends here, you three can go home and rest." Venti gives the three youngsters a weak smile.

"Then what about you?" Kazuha asked.

"I'll stay and look out for him." Venti patted each of his junior's heads to convince them that he'll be ok. 

"Rest well you three."

☆☆☆

Tumblr artist @SumiMaoam