Summer🌻 18

•3rd Person•

"WHAT! CANCEL!?! WHY!" The producer screamed to his phone.

On the other side of the line, Aether moves his phone away from his ears when the angry adult starts yelling.

"It's Venti's order."

"Venti? Am I hearing this right?" The producer scratched the back of his head, confused as to why Venti would suddenly ask him to cancel tomorrow's schedule.

"Yes. Venti said so himself…" Aether slips his other hand from his pocket as he leans his back from the railing.

"And did anyone agree with his decision?" The producer leans his back from his sofa while he skims through his papers.

Aether posed for a while remembering the expressions everyone made during the event. Venti's eyes stare unbendingly at Xiao with a hint of sorrow. While the two of his juniors carry the expression of fear and distress.

He sighs before he answers. "Yeah." He looked toward the lake where his reflection is present and stared at it for a while.

After the blonde left the building, the boy went to a nearby park to calm his mind. No one is present around the park, which is a perfect chance for him to take a breather. He takes off his mask but remains hooded just in case.

"What a hassle!" He whines as he leans further into the sofa limply

"What a hassle!" He whines as he leans further into the sofa limply. "Did something happen while I was working at home?"

The blonde didn't know how to even begin explaining the things that happened, Xiao snapped, Venti was mad, Kazuha was about to cry, the new manager was arguing with the idol.

What frustrates him the most, is him not doing anything. He was supposed to be the mature one in the group and he didn't do anything to stop the issue. What he couldn't understand is when Xiao pushed Venti and started lashing out, he felt so numb the whole time. He never felt so useless and pathetic at the same time. He couldn't protect his two juniors, and he couldn't even stand up for them.

He felt that he's the one who was at fault. If he could have stopped Xiao, maybe things wouldn't have come to this. 

"I don't know how to even begin…" he pushed his bangs slicked back.

Hearing the exhausted voice of the teen, the producer didn't ask any further questions so they could end the call and give the teen some rest. "I'll let this one slide for now… I'm expecting a more detailed explanation of this tomorrow. Get some rest."

"Oh… yes."

"Good night." The producer said before leaving the call. 

Aether puts his phone back in his pocket then continues to stare at his reflection. "God! Why can't I do shit back there!" He grit his teeth and grip on the rails tightly.

"This is all my fault, I should have done better."

————

(Y/N) and Kazuha were both at the bus stop's waiting bench. After (Y/N), Kazuha and Aether got out of the main building, the second year left leaving the two first years together.