027, morning sun

⋆┄┄✦┄✧————⋆

. ˚ * *   ⊹ ˚ .   .
⊹ · ✧    * *
.    ⊹ ✦   ✵     *
* .  · .  ✦

⋆┄┄┄✦┄┄┄┄ ⋆ ✧ ⋆ ✧ ⋆

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡!

⋆✧—— ✧ *⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧——⋆✧

. ˚ * *   ⊹ ˚ .   .
⊹ · ✧    * *
.    ⊹ ✦   ✵     *
* .  · .  ✦

⋆┄┄┄┄┄┄┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆

HER KNEES WERE PUSHED AGAINST HER CHEST AS HER CHIN RESTED ON THE CREASE OF HER ELBOW JOINT, HER EYES fixated on the person in slumber next to her. his eyelashes laid gingerly across his cheekbones as soft snores emitted between his lips, crimson creeping on his apples every so often. adrienne fluttered her knuckles over his forehead, brushing his curls away from his face, his nose scrunching in exhaustion. she covered her mouth from giggling at his sleeping stretch; vinnie seemed so calm in his sleep, he didn't seem so tense like he was just the day before— every touch she gave him, he accepted with ease while yesterday, he accepted with terror.

her phone vibrated under her pillow, as it was for the past hours on end; adrienne had estimated it was her supporters, liking her posts and adding comments here and there. yet, she didn't want to be on her electronic, like she had been for the past hours, she wanted to stay with vinnie, give him all of her attention. adrienne had made it her mission to have this day reserved for vinnie; she wanted to listen to his every word, know what had happened to him behind closed curtains and make up for all the times she swept him under the rug— vinnie rolled to his side, his sleeves bunching at his shoulders. adrienne didn't want to go beyond his limits he had clearly set for her the night before, yet her mind hadn't caught up with her hand as it reached to touch his skin, her thumb rubbing over the scabs.

adrienne wanted to kiss every blemish on his unique body, whisper how thankful everybody around him was to have him breathing the same air as them. her thumb traced the vein leading up his forearm, vanishing underneath the bundle of his sweater's sleeve. vinnie fidgeted, his body lurching tenderly in his kip; his body moved, his hand tightening smoothly around adrienne's wrist, pulling her body more toward his. it was sweet— his cologne. something she hadn't ever forgotten. the musky scent filled her senses like the breeze in the air, her eyes watering at how much she had missed the smell.

her hand was now tucked under the warmth of his cheek and she observed as his eyebrows twisted, his eyes moved swiftly under his eyelids. adrienne wondered what his dream, or nightmare, could've been about; maybe herself, or chantel. though, adrienne didn't want to think about that being at the moment, she wanted to relish in the moment that vinnie was sleeping. his legs shuffled under the comforter as his head turned the other way, her hands suddenly overwhelmed by the coldness of her room.

adrienne moved her fingers, as if she was too astonished to know she had bones underneath the thin layer of skin covering it. as if she hadn't ever seen a hand before. quite possibly, adrienne desperately missed the feeling of his warmth— not harley's warmth, vinnie's warmth specifically— her heart began to ache in sorrow. she had completely disregarded harley's calls and texts, she was too delighted with vinnie's presence near her after weeks of not being near him.