Don't Quit (Kai Toshiki) Cardfight!! Vanguard

It all started when [Y/N] decided he wanted to end it all.

He never imagined he's going to hate the very game he loved and was so passionate about from a very young age. He learned about Cardfight Vanguard at the age of four, and he hasn't stopped until.... Now.

Cardfight Vanguard is a very famous card game all over the world that everybody is becoming competitive and passionate about. Everybody get to have fun when they're playing it. Sometimes you get some new or rare cards, and sometimes you just get to know new friends. It's a win-win, in the end.

And because it's famous, you could find many local shops that are only dedicated to this game, and many regular customers frequent them from different ages and genders, for the purpose of playing it.

He came to his favorite local Cardfight shop, Card Capital, where you could buy the cards you need to develop or improve your deck, or participate in the friendly games with regular customers and local tournaments. It was his favorite spot to relax and play and he used to be very excited about it.

Until he met Kai Toshiki.

You might want to think that Kai Toshiki is a delinquent teenager who likes to bully his fellow students in high school, and didn't care about anything but himself. But he wasn't. He wasn't that kind of person at all.

Kai is a serious person and doesn't like to joke around like other people his age. He's very quiet and doesn't talk much to anyone. He is what you can say a "professional player". When cardfighting, he is shown to be more serious and very confident on winning the game without need of support of any kind.

[Y/N] and Kai met at this very shop a few years ago. They had a long cardfight that ended up with [Y/N] losing, which did not happen very often. But that was okay. Cardfights are meant to have a winner and a loser, no hard feelings at all.

That day [Y/N] lost, he smiled wide and extended a hand to shake the brunette who, for some reason, didn't return it.

"That was a good game! Let's have a fight some other time?" [Y/N] asked brightly.

Kai looked at him long and hard -still not returning the smile or shaking [Y/N]'s hand- emerald eyes feel like they're piercing [Y/N]'s soul. And then after a while of just staring at him, he finally replied.

"I don't fight the same person again". Kai said, "you're weak".

And with that, Kai gathered his cards and left without a single glance behind. No goodbye, no returning the smile or the handshake, nothing. [Y/N] just stood there speechless, hand still suspended in the air, cards are still scattered on the table.

It's not like this is the first time he's losing a fight. Oh he did, multiple times, although rarely, but none of the people he has lost to has treated him the same way Kai Toshiki did. They would have always commented on how strong he was, and how he made them have a run for their money. They always promised to meet up again and fight soon. In fact, he even gained a few friends this way.

[Y/N] hated it. He hated this foreign feeling.

And he hated it even more when, a few years later, Kai met this blue haired middle schooler, who made a fuss about getting his favorite card, Blaster Blade, which was stolen from him by a bully to fight against none other than Kai Toshiki.

"I won it by Vanguard, and you'll get it back when you fight and win it by Vanguard as well," Kai said to the younger boy.

[Y/N] was coincidentally there that day, and he wanted to see how this cardfight will turn out in the end. There is just no way that Kai would lose to some middle schooler, who he learned later his name was Sendou Aichi, who never played Vanguard his whole life, is going to win against Kai.