Regret (Erwin Smith) Attack on Titans

He takes steps one after the other, after the other. Walking on the green grass, knowing where he was heading to. And before he knows it, he stops in front of a white, good looking stone, implanted to the ground.

A grave stone.

His eyes reread the name on it thousands, maybe millions of times without getting bored. How could he ever get bored from the name of the person he loved for the most of his life.

[Full name]

But even though, he could never deny that he was the main reason of his death. He could have saved him, but he didn't.

--------------------------------

[Y/N] and Erwin were partners since they decided to fight titans. One would always mistake them as brothers, that's how close they were. They were never separated no matter what happens.

If you saw one of them without the other, then they sure had a fight. But they could never stay angry at each other, and they would make up pretty soon.

However, good times never continues.

The day that Erwin smith was assigned to be the new Commander of the Survey Corps, was the same day that those two -sort of- stopped hanging out with each other due to how busy Erwin has become.

Soon after, [Y/N] was rather happy because he got the position of a squad leader. Now, he could be closer to his partner and help him through his hard work. And he did.

But, everything changed when Erwin brought three teens from the underworld to the surface one day, and made them join the Survey Corps without explanation. Two males and one female.

Unfortunately, [Y/N] was assigned to train them by Erwin for unknown reason. What made it easier for him is that they already mastered the Vertical Maneuvering Equipment back there in the under world.

Feeling uneasy being around their 'leader', whose known a Levi Ackerman, [Y/N] never showed it in front of them. He knew that there's something wrong with those people. Actually, he wanted to tell Erwin about it. What if he's wrong? But he told him after all.

"I'm aware, [Y/N]. They're actually planning on killing me," The taller male said, without raising his sight from the piles of papers on his desk to look at his worried partner and best friend.

"Then! We must-" [Y/N] shouted worriedly.

"[Y/N]," Erwin interrupted him, "Levi Ackerman is someone that I need," That was all what he said to the shocked [Y/N]. The later swallowed his saliva in defeat.

'Why does he care about that cleaning freak?!'

Oh but he never said anything about it afterwards, and continued his training to those three. [Y/N] has already noticed the changes in his best friend, as he started to give him the cold shoulder. He actually cared more to the shorty, Levi.

Frustration and jealousy he is feeling now. 'It hurts,' He thought. Keeping that fake smile on his face whenever he sees the very cold expression of Erwin. 'What did I do to deserve this treatment?'

--------------------------------

After they finished their training, they were allowed to join the Survey Corps's new mission. Levi never showed any feelings, unlike the other two who were extremely happy for it.

The day of the mission came. They were kind of excited to go out of the walls and see what the outer world looks like. [Y/N] knew that they will make a move on Erwin while he's distracted and kill him.