Roots (Lavi) D. Grey Man

A/N: Sorry for the haitus guys ;-;

So I've watched the anime but haven't read the manga. This is gonna be totally different from the actual ending.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------

[Your POV]

Having a colleague for a boyfriend was a huge plus in my book.

You share the same room, wake up together, eat together, see each other all day long, have the same group of friends, and the most important thing of all, is having to live together.

That's what our lives looks like from the outside. Lavi and I's love life looked perfect in everyone's eyes. We were called the perfect couple, love birds, teammates, and life partners. Or whatever you want to call us.

Except, it was all one sided.

You see, we work in the Black order, which is an organization that takes religion way too seriously. Trying to protect the public from bad things. We fight evil, save the people, make sure they live a comfortable live, without having to worry about their safety.

The Black order is an organization of exorcists. We defend humanity against the Noah Family, of whom are reincarnations of Noah and his twelve apostles. They bear a deep hatred towards humanity and God led by a man known as the Millennium Earl.

Us exorcists' main weapon against the Noah Family are the sentient holy artefacts called Innocence. It gives us enough power to fight our enemies. Innocence comes in a variety of forms, varying from everyday objects, to lethal weapons.

Regardless of their form, each Innocence possesses unique offensive and supportive abilities and will only work for the wielder of their choosing. And can be destroyed by the Noah family, whom are targeting them.

There are a total of hundred and nine innocence hidden and scattered throughout the world. The exorcists' main mission is to find and collect these innocence, and returning them back to the Black Order.

Out of all of them is the master Innocence, the Heart; whichever side obtains this Innocence first will win the war. If it falls into the wrong hands and got destroyed, all the other innocence will be automatically destroyed.

In contrast to the Innocence, the Noah Family's weapons are derived from a power source known as Dark Matter. Dark Matter grants the Noah inhuman superpowers, along with the ability to create and control demons, of which are called Akuma.

In short, being an exorcist is a very dangerous job. There's no guarantee that we will come back home alive. But somebody has to do the job, somebody had to risk their lives so the others can be safe. Otherwise those members of the Noah clan would go on a killing spree and leave no humanity behind.

Lavi, my boyfriend, is a bookman -basically a history recorder- before he was even an exorcist. A bookman's sole purpose in life, is to record the world's history as it unfolds. He was currently a bookman in training.

The redheaded teen is the successor of the Bookman senior, who chose to have no name, but likes to be called 'bookman'. He's like a grandpa to both of us.

But then again, Lavi's only reason to be an exorcist, is to record history, which in this case, record the war that goes on between exorcists and the Noah clan.

A bookman is supposed to never put down roots. Never having friends or making family. Never getting attached to anyone and anything. Not a place, and definitely not a person. They never have a home, always traveling around the world. Never leaving a trail behind. Never settling down.