Chapter 2 - Detention With Mr. Morningstar

As soon as the bell rings I try to rush out but Mr. Morningstar calls for me.

"Not you, dear. I would like to speak to you."

I look to the floor and sigh. 'Damn it.'

I stalk over to his desk. He must have noticed the look of fear that stretched across my face as I walked over to him because he chuckles lightly to himself.

"I'm not going to yell at you, darling, if that's what you're worried about."

I look up at him finally making eye contact. "You're not mad?"

He smirks and leans forward on his desk. "How can anybody be mad at a gorgeous little thing like you?"

I find myself smiling and getting drawn into everything about him. His voice, his eyes, his charm, his accent.

"Tell me, what do you truly desire?"

I feel like I can tell him anything at that moment as I get drawn into his gaze.

"I-I..."

"Yes?" He leans in closer and his stare intensifies.

'What is this man doing to me?'

I shake myself from the daze. "Mr. Morningstar, I should really be getting to my next class."

"Oh, you're a complicated one." He leans in further like he's enjoying this a bit too much. "C'mon, darling, you can tell me. What do you desire more than anything? Something you never told anyone else?"

'Desire?' I frown and I just shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. Nothing I guess."

It's Mr. Morningstar's turn to frown and he stares at me in confusion. The bell rings again signaling the start of second period.

"So... can I go?" I ask, pointing to the door behind me with my thumb.

"Yes yes of course." He waves me off and props his feet up on his desk before going on his phone. I stand there and he notices me still there. "What?"

"I need a pass. I'm late."

He writes me a pass and I go on my merry way. I walk into literature class, having the whole class stare at me as I walk in late. I hate it when they do that.

I hand the teacher the pass and then sit down next to Jimmy. I slap his arm as I take my seat.

"Ow!" He rubs his arm. "What was that for?"

"For not answering me in religion. You know that class is always boring."

"The teacher was watching me like a hawk."

I cross my arms. "Fine. I'll let you off the hook this time."

Jimmy chuckles. "So why did you come in late?"

"I got detention," I mumble.

Jimmy laughs harder this time, causing the teacher to look at us and he tries to calm himself down before they can say anything.

"We've only had one period. What you get detention for?" Jimmy whispers as the teacher starts class.

"I punched the teacher in the face."

"That new teacher?" I nod my head. "Did he try to flirt with you so you socked him?" Jimmy asks with an amused smirk on his lips.

"No. I fell asleep in class and then he startled me awake so I... accidentally punched him." I reply in a sheepish voice.

"Seems like someone didn't get the memo on not startling you." Jimmy laughs and has to put his head down to hide his laughter.

"Shut up. It's not that funny." I punch his arm.