Chapter 12 - Another One Bites The Dust

"What're you so happy about, love?"

I bop my head to the music he's playing and slide to the middle of the room.

"Well for starters I love this song. Second, my brother's classmates are coming to our school for a service project our two schools do every year. Then we have a pep rally."

"Oh great." He says sarcastically.

I chuckle. "Not a fan of kids I see."

"I despise children."

I nod. "Too bad because you have to monitor the activities." Lucifer rolls his eyes. "Oh, and they're also already here."

"Why?"

"Do you read your emails because I'm pretty sure they email you about that?"

Lucifer scoffs. "Of course not!"

I roll my eyes. "Anyway, every year his school brings their kids from K-3 to our school. So seniors have second graders, juniors have kindergarten, sophomores have third graders, and freshmen have first graders."

"I don't care. I want nothing to do with the little urchins."

"Well if you don't help then you can't see me until the end of today..." I tease and turn to leave the room.

"Maybe I'll stop by for a quick second to help."

I smirk just as the bell rings. "I'll see ya later Lucifer."

I go to homeroom like I usually do and see that the kids are already in the classroom. I have Damian's class luckily so when he sees me walk in, he stops talking to my friends and rushes over to me. He attaches himself to my leg and I chuckle. I walk over to my friends with Damian still on my leg, it's a lot harder than it seems. Jimmy, Lewis, and Willow chuckle at the sight.

"A little help," I say and look down at my brother.

"No, I think you got this," Jimmy smirks.

I sigh and roll my eyes. I manage to pry him off of me and sit down at a desk. He sits back in the seat he was in before. I look around to see second graders chatting about and running around the classroom full of seniors. Some of my classmates look amused at the little children running around while others seem pretty annoyed.

"Classes are short today, we get to dress down, we get out early, and we have a pep rally at the end of the day! Today's gonna be a good day." Lewis sighs and lays back in his desk.

"So what happens to these guys while we're in class?" I ask.

"Oh, Mrs. Holloway said they're going to stay in the auditorium." Willow answers.

"I still don't understand why they didn't just go there when they arrived but okay." Jimmy shrugs.

After announcements and the bell rings we all go to class while the little kids go into the auditorium. Classes are about 20 minutes and some teachers really don't care what we do today while others still try to continue teaching with what little time they have.

After all our classes are done we go back to homeroom to start our service project with the kids. The second graders come rushing in and Mrs. Holloway pairs them up with us. She tries to pair Damian up with a random guy in our class but he refuses and makes a little fuss about it. He wanted either me, Jimmy, Lewis, or Willow.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Holloway, he's not really good with people," I explain.

'I'm not either. Social anxiety!'

"Just pair him up with me. He's better off with someone he already knows."

Mrs. Holloway nods and Damian clings onto my leg. I chuckle and ruffle his hair. I go over to Jimmy, Lewis, and Willow with him still on my leg. He giggles as I struggled to drag us over to them.