Chapter 11 - He's The Devil!

I continue staring at the message as my anxiety kicks through the roof along with a touch of anger.

"Are you alright, love?" Lucifer asks, coming up behind me which causes me to jump.

He instinctively moves out of the way knowing if he didn't he would get hit.

"Someone's a bit jumpy aren't we?" He chuckles.

"Lucifer... I need to show you something." I whisper.

His smirk turns into a look of concern as he finally sees how much this is really bothering me.

He nods. "Alright." He gestures to the door.

We both head out of the classroom and into the hallway but not before Lucifer tells the class they can do whatever.

"What's wrong?" He asks once he closes the door behind us.

I show him the message on my iPad. It's from my brother, Damian, and it's a picture of me sleeping on top of Lucifer's bare chest from last night.

Lucifer looks at the picture then back at me. "I don't see the issue." He shrugs. "But that picture does capture what a nice a—"

"Lucifer!" I yell as I try to hide the blush forming on my cheeks. "The picture is nice, yes, but first off my brother took it so that isn't good. He's probably going to use it as blackmail because he's a little devil and do not make a comment about you being the devil or whatnot. Second, if this picture gets around people will think I'm sleeping with my 'teacher.'"

"What's wrong with that?" Lucifer smirks and takes a step towards me.

"Oh, I don't know? We'll have to explain the situation and then the whole school will know you're not a real teacher and you work undercover for the police so then they'll know it's okay that I slept with you." Lucifer chuckles and I just realized what I said. "Phrasing, (Y/n), phrasing. Anyway, the point is if you're exposed then the killer might get scared and get away before we can solve the case."

Lucifer clenches his jaw. "I'm going to find that little weasel and tear him apart myself."

He starts to march away but I grab his arm.

"As much as I would like that, we have a class to get back to. His school closes an hour after ours so after school we head straight there, find his phone, and delete the image."

Lucifer huffs and fixes his suit jacket. He opens the door to his classroom and gestures me inside.

I place my hand over my heart. "Wow. Such a gentleman." I tease.

Lucifer rolls his eyes as I pass him and walk back into the classroom.

The rest of the day goes by like it normally does. After school, I change into my cross country outfit even though I won't be running. I meet Lucifer in his classroom.

"Ready to go, love?"

"We have to head to Coach's office real quick and then we can go."

Lucifer nods and follows me all the way to Coach's office. I knock on the door before entering.

"What's up?" Coach asks me.

"So I won't be at practice today." I start.

"Why's that?"

"Because we have a little weasel to get rid of." Lucifer butts in.

Coach raises an eyebrow at us.

"Ignore him please," I say and look back to glare at Lucifer. He just taps his wrist as if he has a watch on it. "I have to pick up my brother because my mom can't. I just might be 30 minutes late."