Chapter 20 - Getting Answers

Lucifer's POV

The screams of a man fill the night sky as I dangle him from a building. I pull him back up by his shirt.

"Let's try this again, shall we? Now, Mr. Sears, your son took someone I care about away from me. I need you to tell me where he is."

"Fuck you, man!"

I push him off the building. He starts falling but at the last minute, I catch his ankle.

"I would hurry with that answer. I'm afraid my arm is getting rather tired. It would be such a shame if I were to let go right now."

"Okay! Okay!" Mr. Sears whimpers. "I knew what Jimmy did! He told me everything, but I didn't turn him in because he's my son... he's all I've got. He came in the house a few hours ago. Said something about he couldn't come back, at least not for a while."

"So where is the impotent cretin?"

"I don't know."

I feign dropping him which causes Mr. Sears to cry out in fear.

"But I know someone who might!" He cries out.

"Ah! Now we're getting somewhere." I say and lift Mr. Sears up until he's at eye level with me. "Who might this be?"

Your POV

"Where are we?" I ask Jimmy.

He stops pacing in front of me and finally turns to look at me.

"We're in a warehouse on the other side of the city. There are plenty of abandoned warehouses in LA so by the time the police find this one we'll be gone."

I chuckle. "Even if they don't find me here in time, what makes you think Lucifer will stop looking for me?"

"Oh I bet, but they'll have to give up eventually." Jimmy coos.

"You messed with the wrong person, Jimmy. You just pissed the Devil off."

Jimmy scoffs. "You don't actually believe he's the Devil, do you? He's just crazy. Delusional."

"And you aren't?" I ask with a raised brow.

Jimmy doesn't say anything but just side glares at me.

"Jimmy, we're best friends. All of us were. Why did it have to come to this?"

"Because I saw you two kiss on the stairwell!" He snaps at me.

"You can fix this, Jimmy. All you have to do is turn yourself in." I plead with him.

"If I do... we'll never be together. You probably already hate me." He says and looks to the ground.

"I don't hate you, Jimmy. I'm just very disappointed and pissed the fuck off!" I say and struggle against my restraints.

Jimmy chuckles. "You're always so aggressive. Guess that's one of the things I love about you most."

"That's something I don't hear often."

"I should've told you sooner." He says to himself and shakes his head.

"You know Lucifer is going to come for me, right?"

Jimmy snaps out of his thoughts and turns to me with a psychotic look.

"Oh, I'm counting on it." He moves his shirt to reveal the gun sitting on his belt. "Because when he does he's a dead man."

I roll my eyes.

'Good luck with that buddy. Lucifer's immortal. He can't get hurt by silly little bullets.'

Lucifer's POV

"Watch where you fling that thing, Maze. This is one of my finest suits. I would like to keep it that way, thank you." I say to her as I barely dodge the blood that was coming straight towards me.

Maze rolls her eyes and backs away from the guy we have tied to the chair.

"Oh dear, is he dead?" I ask with a tilt of my head.

The guy moans, indicating that he is very much alive.

"Ah! He still lives! Can't have you crossing the threshold yet. Not until I get my answer."

I crouch in front of him and tap his face.

"Wakey wakey, Emmett, I'm not through with you yet."

Emmett Chadwick stirs in his chair and looks up as much as he can with his blood sliding down his face.

"Please, I'll give you anything you want! Just say the word and you'll have it!" Emmett whimpers through his busted lips.

"It's simple really. I want your cousin, Mr. Chadwick. And please don't lie or I'm afraid Mazikeen here won't have a problem removing a few limbs... starting with your fingers of course." I say with a dark chuckle in my voice.

Maze smirks as she twirls her knives in her hands.

"C'mon dude. Anything but that. Jimmy and I are tight, he's my best bud. I can't just give him up like that! Why do you want him anyway?"

"I don't want him! I want who he took from me!"

"Oh, I see. This is about (Y/n)." Emmett chuckles. "Jimmy's obsessed over her. Has been since they were kids. He always talked about the things he would do to her. How much he wants to run his hands up and down her—"

My anger flairs and I immediately silence Emmett by grabbing his throat, lifting him up along with the chair he's tied to.

"She's not some toy that you can play with! Your usefulness is running out, Mr. Chadwick. Either you tell me what I want to know or I'll have no use for you!"

My face contorts from my Devil face to my human one, eyes flashing red. My grip around his throat tightens and a wicked smile plasters my face as I see the life draining from his eyes.

"Lucifer!" Maze snaps, grabbing my attention. "He can't tell you anything if he's dead!"

I come to my senses and release the little vermin. He gasps for air and flinches as I step towards him.

"I'll tell you where he is!" Emmett cries out as he whimpers in fear. "He's at one of my warehouses that I use for drug deals, but I don't know which one."

I step closer to him and he flinches.

"I'll give you the list!"

I smirk. "Now we're getting answers."

ASE715