Chapter 5 - Everything's Not Okay

1 week later...

"Ugh! Still nothing on this stupid case!" I plop in the nearest desk and slump down in it.

"Can you say that louder? I don't think the entire school heard you, dear."

I glare daggers at Lucifer.

"Haha." I roll my eyes at him and stand back up to pace his empty classroom.

Jimmy has been dropping us off very early in the morning so I thought that I should spend these times going over the case with Lucifer. So far we got nothing.

"I heard we have an assembly this morning. What's that about?"

"Well, about that..." He starts but then the bell rings, cutting him off.

I grab my backpack and head to the door.

"See ya later!"

I head out of the room before he can say anything else. I go to homeroom and meet up with Willow, Jimmy, and Lewis.

"There you are!" Jimmy says as I walk into the classroom.

"Where do you disappear to in the mornings?" Lewis asks, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Nowhere," I say and look away from them. I open my iPad and act like I'm working on something.

"Hmmm. I saw you go into Mr. Morningstar's room." Willow says with a smirk.

I look up at them to see them all awaiting an explanation. I sigh.

"Fine. I go to his room because he helps me with my homework."

Jimmy raises an eyebrow. "You need help with homework?"

"Yes, although I hate to admit it."

"Sure. He helps you with 'homework'." Lewis mocks and gives me a look, a look I know too well.

"Ugh! No! Why did you put that image in my head!" I groan and close my eyes.

"I mean you two have been getting pretty close over the week..." Willow adds in, putting her hands up in surrender.

"I'm not sleeping with him!" I whisper harshly. "Jimmy, you believe me right?" I turn to him.

"Always." He answers sincerely.

Lewis scoffs. "He always takes your side."

"Yeah because it's the reasonable side," I say and smile in victory.

Lewis sticks his tongue out at me.

"I'm telling Mom," I whine and turn to Jimmy. "Lewis is being mean." I pout and cross my arms.

Jimmy chuckles. "Okay children, settle down."

"She started it." Lewis retorts.

"Nuh-uh." I shake my head.

Jimmy grabs our ears in either hand and pulls on them despite our protests. We both wince in pain as we both go down on our knees.

"Are you two done?" He asks.

We both nod and he lets go of our ears. We both rub our ears in pain as Jimmy laughs at us.

"You know if we were in prison, you would be my bitches."

Willow snorts while Lewis and I glare at him. The bell rings again, signaling that homeroom has begun so we all take our seats.

"Mrs. Holloway, I heard there's an assembly this morning. What's it about?" One of the students asks her.