Newfound Memories and Urges

Yang sat on a bench while her sister and uncle talk. She looks at the boy who's head is laying on her lap with curiosity. When she realizes who he is, her mind is flooded with new memories.

Flash

Yang is screaming as she attempts to push a baby out of her birth canal.

Flash

The room is filled with the cries of newborn babies.

Flash

Yang: Y/n...Tanis...and...Arya...are my children...

As Yang plays with Y/n's hair, her maternal instincts take control.

Yang: so, Y/n...

Y/n: hmm?

Yang: how are you feeling?

Y/n: better.

Yang: why's that?

Y/n: I'm with you.

Yang: I see.

Yang: so does Ruby have any kids?

Tanis: try 16.

Yang: wow...

Tanis: auntie Nora only has 1 *starts mumbling* but that's only because...

Arya: sohow'sBeaconbeenhuh?

Yang: huh?

Arya: sorry. I get that from Auntie Ruby.  I asked, "so how's Beacon been, huh?"

Yang: it's been fantastic.

Arya: how are the students?

Tanis: are they hot!?!

Arya: ooh, did you meet any cute guys?

Yang: you know that I can't date 17 years old, right?

Tanis: yeah, but we're talking about guys for us.

Y/n: ew.

Tanis: oh shush. You still haven't told mom about your sexy ass girlfriend.

Y/n: traitor!

Yang: oh, so you have a girlfriend, huh?

Y/n: *pouting* I was gonna tell you...when I was married...and living in the mountains far away.

Yang: oh really?

Y/n: at least I would have.

Yang: don't worry, kiddo. I was the same way with your dad.

Y/n: what was he like?

Yang paused for a moment as a memory flashed in her mind.

Yang sat in a diner waiting for her boyfriend. She had her hair up in twin ponytails with two long groups of strands hanging down on the sides of her face. Her hair had become a metallic gold over her teenage years.

A/N: imagine gold flakes that you find in rivers.

She was no longer a young Goldielocks. Her lilac eyes had grown darker with hints of a light violet, and her lips had become fuller with a nice elegance to them. Her teeth were a shiny bright white. The light red lipstick was a stark contrast to her tomboyish outfit. However, when she saw her boyfriend walk up to her table in a suit, she laughed.

???: what's wrong?

Yang: you really like to put the effort into everything dontcha, William.

William: yeah. Though, I love the whole biker thing you've got going.

Yang: *smiling cheekily* really?

William: yep. I gotta say, I'm a little excited. In the best way possible.

Yang: oh really?

William: Mhm.

Yang: depending on how this goes, you just might get an invite to the party.

William: oh really?

Yang: hey! That's my thing.

William: *Ugandan Knuckles voice* oh, I'm sorry, my queen.

Yang giggles at her boyfriend's joke.

When William scoots over to Yang, he snuggles up to her with a smile.

Yang: okay, Mr. Carebare. You wanna snuggle on our date?

William: hey, I'm smaller than you. I think I'm afforded some things.

Yang: *pulling William close after draping an arm around her* yeah, you are.

When Yang snapped back to reality, she saw her kids in a relaxed position.

Yang: your father was very kind, and often very shy. He was also a miniature tank in a Human body, and despite being shy and small in height, he was very protective of me before you were born. Even more so when I was pregnant with you and your sister.

Tanis: *smiling excitedly* really?

Yang: Mhm.

Arya: what do you miss about him the most?

Another memory flashed before Yang's eyes.

William dragged Yang behind him as he pulled her toward the fairgrounds.

William: come on, Yang! We can make it!

Yang: why do you want to go to the fair so badly?

William: well, I wanted to do this before we got too old to do this. Plus, I thought you'd like it. We don't enough time with each other cause our parents hate each other.

Yang: *whispering to herself* damnit, now I feel like a bitch.

William: you okay?

Yang: yeah. Let's go.

William's lips curled into an ever widening smile as his teeth began to show before he pulled Yang toward the gate.

Yang smiled before looking up at the sky.

Yang: I miss his smile and his innocent charm.

Y/n: d-do you think I'll be like him? Like dad?

Yang looks down at her son and smiles as she plays with his hair. Her heart warmer as she stares at her son.

Yang: yeah. I know you will, kiddo. I know you will.