Chapter XII -Memories of the Tormenting Past-

No Beta

Ner words in this chapter: 2,167

"Talking"

'Thinking'

{Talking on the phone}

{Text message/Private Message}

Thinking in 3rd person POV/Dream/Memory/Flashback/Others

Letter/Journal/Book/Newspaper

Time change/Date of time

Change of POV

Chapter XII

–Memories of the Tormenting Past–

Saturday, 19 October 2024

HJP's POV

Life would've be so much easier if he was normal. If he wasn't this... deficient person. Maybe then he wouldn't be this... stranger. Harry glanced at the sleeping Voldemort by his side. 'I'm sorry, Ginny. It's not that I don't love you any longer... it's just that... things change. I've changed. I fell in love with this version of Voldemort. I've fallen for the monster. For the one who took everything from me. He makes me live when everything I had lost seemed lost... why? I've no idea, but it's the truth. If I could've, my sweet Ginny, I'd return for you. Although that would've meant your death. Everyone's death.'

Harry put his head in his hands. Was life ever easy?

"You should've be sleeping, not letting your nightmares control your life."

Harry huffed and turned towards the man lying by his side.

"You were supposed to be asleep yourself." He argued.

Voldemort rolled his eyes and pulled Harry down into his chest.

"You think so loudly that even the dead would've wake." The man hissed, putting a hand on Harry's head. "It's still early. Go back to sleep."

"Not sleepy."

"You're never sleepy," Voldemort retorted. "If it were for you, you'd never sleep... ever!"

"I'm not that bad." Harry argued.

"You spent half a year sleeping several hours a week." Voldemort hissed pointedly with his eyes closed.

Harry sighed and stayed still on his lover's chest. Finally he heard Voldemort's breath sooth down as he fell asleep again. Harry smiled and, without waking him up, he got up.

The Parcae had once said that there was One that had been weaved for him and wasn't Ginny. Could it be that they meant Voldemort? Why Voldemort? He was the Dark Lord, the one who killed Harry's parents, the one who wanted Harry dead... what would they gain with this? Why Voldemort of all people? Was Voldemort even in love with Harry for real? Or was it a pull to the Horcrux in Harry that called him to Harry? Was it fair of Harry to lock Voldemort to himself if that was the truth?

He picked his things and left the room. Bloody hell how he hated this manor. How could Voldemort live in such a place? It was so... impersonal! So cold!