Prologue

Beta: Arel o Imladris & Artemis_HNR

Ner words in this chapter: 750

"Talking"

'Thinking'

{Talking on the phone}

{Text message/Private Message}

Thinking in 3rd person POV/Dream/Memory/Flashback/Others

Letter/Journal/Book/Newspaper

Time change/Date of time

Change of POV

Prologue

Saturday, 02 May 1998

HJP's POV

"Avada Kedavra."

And with that Harry knew no more.

Harry opened his eyes and looked around puzzled, was he... in a train station?

"Hello, Master." Harry turned and his eyes fell on three hooded figures. "Welcome to the in-between."

"Who are you?"

"We are" - "Past," - "Present" - "and Future." The three bowed. "Destiny," - "Life" - "and Death." Harry tensed. "We are the Parcae;" - "Nona," a motherly figure dressed in red stepped forward lowering her hood. She appeared middle-aged, yet young and old at the same moment. Her face was serene like she knew his every naughty deed but still would forgive - "Decima" A beautiful almost heavenly figure glided forward. Her face almost carved from marble and she was dressed in pure flowing white robe. She was graceful but almost dangerous in her beauty - "and Morta." Finally, an elderly woman dressed in black stepped forth she was wise but not feeble. She was thin almost deathly and her eyes while glassy seemed to stare straight through him.

Harry swallowed.

"You are the... fates?"

"Yes."

"I'm dead... Why are you here?"

The one with the white hooded robe stepped forward; Decima, if he remembered the name correctly.

"I'm the one who decides who lives and who dies." Harry nodded. "You are dead yet you are not." Decima stated vaguely.

Harry looked to the others to see a thread on Nona's hands and a pair of scissors on Morta's.

"How can that be?"

Decima kneeled down before him and picked something from under the bench Harry was sitting on.

"This is and isn't the life that should die today."

Harry shivered seeing the Horcrux, it looked like a baby... but deformed with Voldemort's face.

"You said it is and isn't?"

Decima turned to the others and Harry could swear that it smiled.

"I told you this one was special."

"You collected the Three Hallows." Morta stated and Harry nodded unsurely.

"Your life thread is still long, but not the ones of your friends. If you should return to the Living World, everyone at Hogwarts dies." Nona stated.

If Harry wasn't sitting right now, he would've fallen to the ground. No...

"I thought I was dead," He argued. "Tom Riddle killed me!"

"He killed his own Horcrux," Morta argued.

"There has to be another way, I don't want to sentence all my friends to death!" He yelled in return bargaining for their life.

A small ball appeared on Decima's hand.

"There is one way."

Harry looked at the ball as it started levitating.

"You will be deaged, sent to another timeline and your friends will also be sent to this world."

"But?"

"There will be a game you will enter as Beta Tester. You will need enough money to pay for it when it does come out for the public. From there your path shall be revealed to you." Harry nodded. "You will give up your magic," Harry paused in uncertainty "you will also never attempt at Tom Marvolo Riddle's life. For each time you do someone you hold dear will die."

"If I do this... everyone will be granted a full life?"

"Yes."

"Even the ones that have already passed into the After Life?"

Nona and Morta screeched outraged, until Decima raised a hand stopping them.

"Only the ones who have died today." Harry nodded, it was enough. "This means that your parents and godfather are off the table."

Harry closed his eyes tightly, holding back his tears.

"Deal." he whispered.

Decima approached, Harry could hear her, and then, when he opened his eyes, the ball was being forced into his chest, entering him. Harry's eyes grew as his mouth opened in a silent scream, while Decima placed the baby Horcrux into his arms.

"Trust me, Master. You'll have a better life in this world than you'll have alongside Ginevra Weasley. She was never good enough. You are twisted and she was not destined to be your other half, the One able to put up with all of you. You will meet the One, who is, in the game. The One capable of keeping up with you. The One who we threaded for you but you refused in this life. Stop fighting and let go."

And with that everything turned black, for a second time that day, as Harry's magic was completely and utterly deleted from his core by the ball inside him.

(TBC)

I know a new fanfic, but I've been unable to pick up any of my old ones. I'm not dropping any of them out. I just have a lot of fics all at once on my mind

Next chapter: Entering the Game

~Isys

First posted on AO3 on 10/06/2015