What's Next

"Amnesia?" The goat lady, who I found out was named Toriel, asked. "Th-thats right. It seem S-sans has r-retrograde amnesia. It could be from anything r-really. The degradation, when he fell down, th-the surgery.. I mean.. there's n-never been a monster that could.. c-create determination s-so it could even be th-that its a s-side-effect from the fusion of s-souls."
"Great. Just great. You decide to lose your memories now after EVERYTHING you've been through, Comedian? That's freaking wonderful." I gave 'Chara', as they were called, a confused look. "what've i been through?" The two humans and goat child exchanged looks. "Its.. nothing Sans." 'Asriel' said finally. I sighed and slipped of the examination table. "IS.. IS IT PERMINANT?" 'Papyrus' asked hesitantly. He was the most upset with all this. I didn't know why. I could only guess that we were related seeing as we were both skeletons. "I.. I don't know." 'Alphys' responded. 'Undyne' sighed heavily. "Damn it.."
"Perhaps there's a bright side to all this?" 'Asgore' proposed. "sure there is. at least i'm alive." I offered. "Well that is true!" 'Frisk' agreed. "He may not remember his past memories, but he can still make newer, better ones!" Papyrus nodded slowly. "THEN I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SHALL REMEMBER THE PAST FOR MY BROTHER! NYEH HEH HEH!" Brothers? "kinda figured we were related. it's nice to know i have a older brother lookin after me." Papyrus beamed a little before realizing my wording. "Actually Sans.. your the older brother.. your 26. I'm only 20.. BUT THATS OK! I CAN HELP REMIND YOU OF THESE THINGS!" Oh. "well then.. what's next?"

✴✴✴

"THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!" Papyrus flaunted a well built, large, red brick house. Apparently we all lived together here. After a few more checkups on my soul to make sure it was stable, Alphys decided it was safe to bring me to their home, er, our home. It felt a little weird to ride a sports car with a stranger- 'no he's your brother!' I reminded myself. They were all people I knew. I had to remember that. I focused back on the house. It was big and nice. Lined with flowers on either side. The windows had white trimming with an elegant, stone pathway leading to the house. "it looks nice." I gave Papyrus a grin. It really did. Were we rich or something? As if they could read my thoughts, Frisk said, "After coming out of the Underground you all traded your currency for human currency. You all got rich from the gold. "then everything makes sense." I nodded in understanding. "ALLOW ME TO SHOW YOU YOUR ROOM! I'VE CLEANED IT UP FOR YOU, NO NEED TO THANK ME!"
"well thanks anyway." I followed Papyrus to the house and inside. The walls were a nice purple color with wooden floors that were stained a shade of blue that matched the walls well. Picture frames of everybody lined the walls. Some of them had me in them.. I couldn't remember any of them.. I followed Papyrus up the stairs and past a few closed doors until we got to a royal blue one. "GO ON IN.." I opened the door to  space blue walls, midnight blue carpets, and a bed with royal blue sheets. The bed was next to the window, all made and tidy. There was a wooden spruce dresser on my left in the back, and a small bookshelf full of joke books and astronomy books to my right. On the opposite side of my bed was a interesting self sustaining tornado. In the center of the room was a treadmill. The walls were lined in posters about space. "i.. really liked space.."
"YES.. yes you did.." I glanced at the skeleton. He looked pretty glum. "it looks really nice. i'll be yours looks better."
"YOU WANT TO SEE?"
"let's go."

✴✴✴

I found out quickly that I hated that look. That glum look I get everytime I mention something about my past. I tried to avoid it. But that was hard. With all the pictures that I was curious about and the comments that slip out.. I sighed again. "this is gonna be hard.. how do i be a guy that i can't remember being?"