𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳

I was already at the waiting area, and decided to sit on the dock for a while

I was already at the waiting area, and decided to sit on the dock for a while. I'm earlier than the meeting time, so it's understandable that they are late. I played a song on my phone on speaker since I'm too lazy to get it from my large travel bag.

It was Give Love by Akmu. I can't believe that I, Shin Ryujin, dated someone like that. I wanted to stop playing it since the memories from that guy who ghosted me is coming back again when suddenly, someone hummed along the song.

I looked up and saw a boy wearing an all black outfit. Even his hair is black. I wouldn't notice him if he doesn't have a few blonde highlights on his hair.

"You have great taste with music," He compliments.

"Thanks." He looks so gloomy. It's as if his whole family just died. I hope that's not the case though.

"Are you coming to the camp too?" He asked. He looked like he didn't want to talk, but he forced himself to do it anyway.

"Yeah. I think I'm going to stay for two weeks," I replied with a faint smile.

We stopped talking to each other, and I kept on glancing at him every chance I get. This feeling of wanting to comfort him makes me do it. I feel like he's in pain, and that pain is bigger than what I own.

He kept on looking at his phone. He wasn't wasn't scrolling or anything. He was just staring at it. Probably a photo of someone. His ex maybe?

I finally got the courage to say a word to him once more. "Hey."

He switched his attention to me, and tried to fake a smile. I can see through his eyes. "It's going to be okay."

He lost his smile and heaved a sigh. "I hope so."

Walking towards the dock every morning has been my favorite routine to do ever since I started staying in this island. Thank goodness Yeji gave me a cabin here. I would stay here for a year and lose all my contacts to people in the city. If only I wasn't the future CEO of my mom's business. I hate being called like that.

Only Yeji can understand me, honestly. She knows how it sucks to do something you don't want in life. She's been doing that all her childhood and teenage years. Her grandmother made her do gymnastics until she turned eighteen. It's when she got to escape her grandmother's requests. She started going to this island, and stay for a week, even though we had classes to attend to.

Another boat arrived, and I saw more than two people on it. Looks like that's the last batch of the month.

Leaning on the coconut tree, I observed them getting off one by one. A girl with black short hair got off, then a boy with blonde highlights, a blonde boy, then the last guest caught my attention. It was because of her shoulders. I'm not being a pervert or anything. It was just too bare for me to see. Her hair was tied up in a bun, and a handkerchief tied around it.

She's... pretty.

"Soobin!" Hyunjin shouts and all of the guests turned their attention to me. Okay, she really is pretty.

I strolled towards them with the most welcoming smile I could ever put on my face. As I welcomed and shook hands with them, I could already tell what happened to their past. Well, except for the boy's past. He was focused on his phone, and not me.

"This is Ryujin, Beomgyu, Huening Kai, and Jisu."

"It's Lia. No one calls me by that name," The girl with brown hair said. She's Lia then.

"Are you YJ?" The girl named Ryujin asked.

Grinning, I answered her question. "No. I am not YJ. You'll meet the boss pretty soon, if that person ever leaves their cabin. But, YJ has a reason to show up on this island now that someone interesting came a little while ago." I winked at Hyunjin who already knows what I was talking about. Or should I say, who.

"So, who are you?" She asked once again.

"I'm Soobin-" "So, you're not the owner, or anyone important in our lives." She cuts me off. I nodded politely in response.

"Yes, but you all will see me often. I'm a VVIP in this place." Hyunjin immediately mimicked me, and faced the new guests once more.

"I shall show you all to your respective cabins then!"

Before they took off, the girl named Lia took a quick glance at me before pulling her luggage with her. I don't know why, but I smiled.

YUNA

I wore my usual swim suit, and got out of my cabin. Placing my sunglasses over my head, I walked towards the shore where the beach chairs were. I placed my towel and applied sunscreen all over my body until my skin had white casts. You can never have too much sunscreen.

Then, I noticed that someone sat beside my beach chair. "Hi there," I said, without even looking at the person.

I stood up, and saw a boy with a blonde hair. Looks like he's new. Putting on a smile, I introduceed myself.

"Welcome to Crestfallen camp. I'm Shin Yuna. The youngest in this island." He looked up to me with, his eyes squinting.

I couldn't help but put my hand over my mouth. You've got to be kidding me.

"Oh... my... Huening Kai?!"