𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦

Third Person's POV

Lia's chest was aching. She wanted to stay so badly in Korea, where her new true friends are. Even though this country is full of sickening memories with her ex, she still wanted to make memories with the new people she have just met.

However, it was decided. She was leaving Korea no matter what. Her family is there, waiting for her. She's going to continue her studies there, and get a better life with her loving family.

She always wanted to run away, and get to Canada when her boyfriend once again cheated on her, but she was hesitant, so she went to the island instead. It was probably the best and the worst decision she has ever made in her life.

She met the purest people, and even met someone ideal to be with for the rest of her life.

Lia's flight was already accepting passengers, and she got herself ready to get on the airplane. She took a deep breath, and made her first step towards her different life.

She scrolls through her phone's gallery, and saw all the pictures of her in the island. It made her heart warm. Who would've known that a few weeks of getaway would change her perspectives so much? Who would've known it would give her so much hope for a better life?

Then, a notification came and it was surprisingly from Yeji, the owner of the island, and one of Lia's closest friends there.

hwang yeji: i can't force you to stay, but stay still for 5 minutes.

Lia furrows her eyebrows, confused by what she just said.

Then, she heard deep breaths behind her. Feeling creeped out, she turns and her eyes bulged wide in disbelief.

"S-Soobin?" Is this real?

Soobin holds up his pointer finger, and said, "Wait. I just need a few minutes of your time."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lia asks.

"I dislike long distance. Not because I don't trust you, but because I can't see you face to face. But, if this will give you a bright future, then I will let you go."

Lia smiles and attempted to thank him for what he said, but Soobin shuts him right away with another word.

"But! I have one last request before you leave."

"What is it?"

"Will you let me love you, and wait for you to come back?"

The sides of Soobin's forehead were sweating because of the long run that he did, and he was still panting because of it, but he didn't give a single shit about how he looks anymore. The girl that he loves is leaving, and he can't lose his chance to ask if he can have her in his future.

"What if I don't come back?" Lia questions as she slips her phone in her pocket.

"Then, for once I'll be thankful that my family is rich, and go to you. I want to love you now, and be with you in the future. I want you to be the woman of my life. Call me insane, but it's the truth. I love you. I can't have my life any other way."

Lia grabs his cheek, and their lips touched. Tears were forming in her eyes. Of course, she loves him too. Everything feels right when Lia is with him.

"Wait for me. Okay?" Lia looks into his eyes, and it was filled with joy, hope, and love.

"Certainly," Soobin replied and gave her a peck on her forehead.

"I love you," Lia whispered.

The passengers of her flight were once again called, and it was the signal for her to leave. Soobin and Lia holds onto each other's hand, and gave each other a smile.

"Call me when you get there," Soobin said.

"I'll call you everyday, weirdo," Lia replied with a chuckle.

And just like that, everything was clearer. The future became brighter for both of them.

YEJI'S POV

Oh gosh. I can't believe I'm stuck in traffic because of that wing nut. Soobin's plan to get his girl was a success. Now, I'm scared to get my plan going.

Soobin is already in a car, smiling ear to ear. What an epitome of a simp. I rolled my eyes, and he suddenly threw me a paper.

"What am I gonna do with this trash?" I asked him.

He lets out a soft chuckle, and told me to open it. Okay, I was quick to judge that it was only a paper. Apparently, it was a pamphlet of a university somewhere in Seoul. I read the name of the school, and it was his university. Yeonjun, I mean.

I opened it, and his face was placed in a page. He immediately became the model of his college course. What can I say, he's a fine young man.

"Yeonjun lives in that school's dormitory. He told me that before he left. He wanted me to visit him. His face is so thick, he actually thought I'd have the energy to go to him."

Says the guy who ran through the streets of Korea, just so he could reach Lia.

"The traffic is bad right now, but the bus lane is good. You can take the bus if you want to go to him now."

"Do I look good in short hair?" I asked.

"You do. Yeonjun always thinks you're gorgeous, so go." Ugh. He knows me so well.

I got off the car and took the nearest pedestrian lane to get to the bus station. Then, I realized something. I am waiting for a bus without a bus card at all, so I went to the nearest store to buy one.

"Good eveni... Yeji?" I looked up and saw the person who just called my name.

"Vernon?" Yeah, one of my exes. He wasn't that bad. He just ghosted me, that's all.

"I just need a bus card," I said.

He wasn't like the others though. He only lived a simple life. He always doubted our relationship because I was rich, and he thought he didn't deserve me. Probably one of the reasons why he ghosted me before my birthday.

"Sorry for everything that I have done. You deserve someone better," he said and gave me my bus card.

"I found someone better, but I'm not sure if he will accept me." I smiled.

Before I left, he gave me a smile and told me that the guy I was talking about will definitely accept me with open arms. I hope he is right because I am already in a bus, on the way to the place where he is staying.

author's note:
i am so sorry for ghosting you
all for a month :D but here's an update!
school has been tough recently, so
i don't write as often as i did before.
but, thank you for waiting as always ^-^