𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦

CHAERYEONG'S POV

With a softer voice, I said. "I didn't think I'd be able to see you again."

He sits on the bench from the subdivision's playground and lets out a sigh. He shrugs his shoulders and pats the empty space beside him.

He purses his lips and spoke, "Why not? Korea is a small country."

I let out a chuckle and recalled the days we spent together in the island. Then, I remembered the last day I had fun with him. It was the same day when I had my first kiss. All of a sudden, I felt guilt getting into me for not saying goodbye.

"What's our problem? You suddenly frowned." He noticed. My heart skipped a beat, and I don't know what came to me but I pulled him closer to me and our lips touched.

I haven't told my sister or anyone who knows the existence of Taehyun in my life that I like him. I don't know why I like him. I just do. And everyday I missed him since the moment I left the island. I have no clue if he feels the same, but at least now, I have this part of me that has revealed the truth about my feelings, and that is fine with me.

"Woah," he comments after I pulled away.

I gave him consecutive apologies and he didn't react or speak about what I am doing. The humiliation I am feeling right now is in a greater level than me feeling happy that I have just kissed the guy I like.

"You told me you do not know anything about romance except the once in books, yet here you are kissing a guy instead of answering their question." That just made me feel even more embarrassed.

"You're not helping! I'm so sorry for what I did. I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize. I'm just shocked. That's all, but I'm still glad that I found out something because of what you did." He smirks.

"And that is?" I asked.

He moves closer to me and stared into my eyes. I was drowning in his gaze, and he said, "Chaeryeong noona likes me."

"I... Yeah... You're right." I looked away to hide my already red face.

"I like you more than you do. Seeing you at this neighborhood reminded me that you're the one I always observed in this park with your dog as you eat the local vanilla ice cream. I always had a crush on you, and I don't know why I didn't recognize you at camp. But, here I am now to tell you that I like you very much since then."

My mind froze with what he just said. So, he always had a crush on me, but never approached me?

"I never approached you because you looked so reserved. Like you'll never accept anyone but your family and your dog. No offense."

Well, that is true. I have rejected more than three boys from my class. Why wouldn't I when all their reasons for liking me is that I'm only pretty. Period.

"I like you because I like you. In case you're wondering," he added. I feel like he's reading my mind.

"When's our first date?" I blurted out. I know I caught him off guard because he suddenly shivered.

"We're dating now?" He asked.

"What's the purpose of confessing to each other when you end up not dating anyway?" I replied. I don't know where these words are coming from because this is such a different version of me that I haven't met. Only Taehyun has brought this out of me.

"This is our first date then. The local ice cream shop is just around the corner, so we'll go there." He smiled and took my hand.

Our fingers intertwined, and finally, after long weeks of longing for him. We have finally met, and in an instant, we're now dating.

YUNA'S POV

I just finished sending in my college applications to Seoul University of Arts when I remembered that my cousin is inviting me to go to his school's Sports Event. He is a part of the soccer team, and told me to cheer for him, so I will. His school is the one I went to for my secondary education, which is also the place I love and hate the most.

I loved the memories I made there, but it's all been shattered because most of those memories are with Kai. If only I could turn back time and redeem myself from all my shortcomings in our relationship.

I arrived at the school, and of course, I was too early for the event. The school field was still empty, so I decided to roam around instead. I noticed that the building of my old classroom is under renovation, but people are still allowed to go inside since they are now only painting its walls. So, I went there.

The small space beside the stairs reminded me of how Kai and I used to argue. I was someone who often gets jealous when girls are around him, and he tries to explain, but my close mind wouldn't care one bit. I regret it now.

The hallway reminded me of how he would mess with my hair or tease me because of my average grades in the English subject (he gets an A grade everytime).

Kai and I were a happy couple, but it was never meant to last. We often break apart because I couldn't understand his side, and I kept thinking about mine.

I stopped in front of my old classroom, and I thought my mind was playing tricks with me, but I saw Kai. He was wearing a casual outfit and he had eyeglasses on.

"Yuna," he calls out.

"Huening Kai," I replied.

I entered the classroom, and he warns me about the wet paint on the walls. He shows me his left hand, I laughed as I've seen his hand already covered in white paint. All I feel is nostalgia, and now I really hope I could turn back the time.

Both of us talked about how we were both doing, and I updated him about my parents divorce. I don't mind it now. They promised me that they'll still see me, and I'm fine with that. They were already separated even before the legal divorce, I just kept on denying it like I usually do.

"You look better now. I'm glad you are blooming again," he says with a smile.

It suddenly became difficult for me to breathe. So, I called his name and asked the question I've been meaning to word out.

"Do you have a girlfriend already?"

Before he could even answer, another voice called out his name. It was a very soft voice, and I wasn't familiar with it.

"Oh hey, love." He stood up and glanced at me before approaching the girl.

He faced me once more.

"You already know the answer to that."

And just like that, I regretted that I got into this classroom once again. This exact mood of the place, and the exact location of where we were sitting, is where we had our biggest last fight as boyfriends and girlfriends.

I wanted to cry and break, but I'm done. He's happy now. I should be glad for that.

Now, it's my time to find genuine happiness with myself.

My phone vibrated, and I checked it immediately.

"Looks like I have to reminisce all over again."