𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

YEONJUN'S POV

Everything changed when they left. Work hasn't been so fun for me too. It has been only two days, but I could already feel the change. Huening Kai, Taehyun, and Beomgyu left yesterday. I was looking for Yuna on the dock when her ex is about to leave, but there was no sign of her.

And here I thought my ship was sailing.

I know it's against the rules, but whatever. They look good together.

Now, I am checking everything in my cabin. If I have left something from somewhere inside it. Nothing. Only the shirt that I lent Yeji from that day, and my uniform.

"Turns out I have packed everything well."

I got out of my cabin, and started walking towards the dock where Yuna was. Both of us are leaving today. I am proud of her. She is finally ready to take the next step of her life after so many weeks of staying here.

"Yeonjun!" I heard a loud slam of a door that wasn't so far behind me.

It was Yeji, standing on her front patio with an angry face. Yes, I never told her I was leaving. But she did agree that I can leave anytime.

Yeji stomped her way towards me, and I received a slap.

"You're leaving? Is that it? Why? Why didn't you tell me! I've been wondering why you acted so coldly, and now you're leaving. Why couldn't you tell me that day?"

I held onto both of her shoulders, and looked straight into her eyes.

"Hey. Are you hearing yourself?"

She stopped. Tears were building up on her eyes, and my chest tightens as I continued to look at her.

"You sound like you're about to break your own rule," I told her.

"Have you?" She asked while looking into my eyes.

I couldn't answer her. All I did was keep a straight face. I don't know if she can read my eyes despite of the act, but one thing's for sure, I have. I have broken her rule.

"Don't leave, please." She said and held onto my hand. She was looking down, and her voice cracked when she spoke. She's crying now.

I held onto her head, and pulled her closer to me. I hugged her just like that.

"I have to go. Just like you. I am still young. I have things to do. Things to pursue."

I held her chin up, for her to look at me. I smiled at her, and messed her already messed up hair. I took my luggage, and turned my back on her.

"Thanks for giving me a chance to live this kind of life, Yeji."

And at that, I took a step forward closer to the dock and before I could realize everything happening. I was already at the ship, leaving the wonderful island I used to be in.

From a distant view, I saw Yeji kneeling on the floor with her head down. Soobin went up to her and hugged her tightly. Both of them stayed like that.

I hope they'll continue to heal like the people they accepted in their camp.

For now, I'll have to face my next chapter, even if it means it's without her.

SOOBIN'S POV

It's painful to see Yeji like this all over again. I have always thought she'll be fine once she gets here, but trouble never left her, hasn't it? The world brought her another guy into her life that will end up hurting her, but I could tell he's different.

He left with a purpose. It was to no longer be in pain. He was just like the others, suffering in pain and loss. He knew he wasn't good enough for Yeji, so he left. But he will come back, when the right time comes, and if fate will be on his side.

Yeonjun told me all about his feelings for Yeji, as much as I told him about what I felt for Lia.

It was hurtful to see him leave too. He became a brother to all, including me. Someone I never had.

"I guess we'll have to heal again, right?" I asked Yeji.

She nodded slowly, and pulled me into a hug, and cried even more. I brushed her hair using my fingers, and told her to just cry it all out.

I may not have feelings for Yeji anymore, but as I have said multiple times. I am her best friend, and I will never leave her side. Even during her darkest times.

A tear fell on my cheek, and I smiled.

But this time, both of us are going through the same phase.

author's note:
yep, it's definitely depression era