02. Popularity rises

Tori

I didn't realise that over the summer that Blake had changed a lot, his acne cleared up, he grew out his dark hair and he got muscular. This got a lot of attraction to what seemed to be the entire female population. 

Everyone seemed to be staring and it made me nervous, while Blake seemed to be loving this attention he didn't realise when I scurried off to my first class. 

I didn't see him until lunch. Since we started high school we've been sitting in the same spot under our oak tree on the far side of the school away from anyone and everyone. 

I was unpacking my food and get ready to eat as I see Blake heading my way, I smiled but it seemed to disappear when I saw his older brother trailing behind him. 

God, I hate him. 

"Hey Girly" Cody winked at me. 

Blake gave him a glare and he knew to shut up then and there. Cody wasn't scared of Blake but he knew better than to make advances towards me. 

Blake..... how do I explained it ... a bit overprotective over me. 

We talked and laughed together (Blake and I) waiting for lunch to finish. 

Once it did I knew the worst was about to come. 

GYM CLASS 

I absolutely hated participating in anything that involved running and the worst of it all I had nobody to talk to because Blake wasn't in this class but Cody was. He had to take gym again because he wagged his class so many times he has to take it again in order for him to graduate. 

We were running the track as usual and I was failing extremely. 

Puffed out in the first 5 seconds I was already walking by myself. Or so I thought because when I looked to my side I saw Cody with me. 

"what do you want?" I hissed at him rolling my eyes. 

"What can a guy not just want to enjoy some quality time with you?" he smirked 

God I hated that smirk. 

"No, because I don't want to talk to you "

"Why darling"

"Don't call me darling I don't like you"

"Erhhhhh i don't know about that everyone is in love with me" 

"well not me"

"Not yet at least"

"You wish" I scoffed 

I can't deny that Cody was extremely physically good looking. His light brown hair also looking perfect, his pale blue eyes and soo many freckles I can't count. Even though he failed to attend gym class he was surprisingly really fit and even more muscular than Blake. And he had the goofiest smile that could light up a room. 

But any and all attractiveness went out the window as soon as he opened his mouth. 

As I am standing there I hear him say one of the stupidest things I heard come out of his mouth. 

"Maybe I do wish it, just gimme a chance I might surprise you"