PART 20

"Why did you let him do that to you?" Moonbyul asked as she gently caress her sister's face.

"It's okay, unnie. I said some things that are below the belt as well." Mina assured her sister. "It's not entirely his fault."

"Aish! Regardless! Look at your lips. Good thing your friend took care of you." The oldest said as she looked at her sister's eyes. "Minari, please take care of yourself, and be brave."

Mina held her sister's hands. "Why does that sound like a goodbye?"

Moonbyul looked at her sister for the last time.

"Unnie?" Mina tried to look for her sister but can't see her anymore. "Unnie!" she shouted at the top of her lungs but nothing.

"Unnie, don't leave me here." Mina cried. "Unnie please. Don't leave me."

Chaeyoung was woken up by Mina's voice. "Please don't leave me." Mina cried. Chaeyoung then got up from the couch. The moon light helped her way to the bed where she saw Mina crying. The older girl however is still asleep, her body is trembling so Chaeyoung made sure the heater is on. She then sat at the edge of the bed beside the older girl who is still crying as she tries to wake her up.

"Please don't leave me." Mina cried again.

"Hey, Mina-unnie wake up." Chaeyoung said holding Mina's shoulders. "It's just a dream, please wake up."

Chaeyoung lightly shakes Mina's body to wake the older girl up, she let out an air of relief when Mina opened her eyes. The older girl looked.. Broken. She continued crying and Chaeyoung is trying her best to calm Mina down.

"Hey, Mina-unnie. Please stop crying." Chaeyoung begged. When she heard Mina's sob gets louder, the younger girl couldn't think of any other way to calm the older girl down, she then pulled Mina in a tight and comforting hug.

"Hey, shhh. I'm here. I won't go anywhere." The younger girl said still hugging Mina. Soon, she felt the older girl's body stopped trembling. "I'm here."

When Chaeyoung felt that Mina had calm down, she fixed their position so that it would be comfortable for both of them. She let Mina use her right arm as pillow and the older girl rested her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder. The younger girl used her right arm as well to pull Mina closer to her body and the latter snuggles to Chaeyoung's small frame while the younger girl is wrapping her left arm around the girl. Chaeyoung let Mina's tears wet her shirt. Her heart ached for the older girl. After some minutes, the sobbing stopped and Chaeyoung heard steady breathing from Mina which she decided to match with. At a later time, Chaeyoung decided to go back to her sleep.

Mina opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to the sunlight reflecting from the window. She then smell an unfamiliar scent, it smells fruity, sweet but not too much. She then felt arms wrapped around her, arms holding her as if she's a fragile vase. Her eyes widened at the realization. She lifted her head carefully and was welcomed by Chaeyoung's face, good thing the younger girl is still sleeping or else she'll witness how red Mina's face is. Mina inhaled the younger girl's scent one last time, there's something about Chaeyoung's scent that calm Mina's waves, it's as if hugging her. She then carefully removed Chaeyoung's arms around her. She stayed seated beside the the sleeping girl, studying every feature on Chaeyoung's face. From her eyes to her pointy nose, to the mole below the younger girl's full lips. She then heard her phone buzzed and decided to check it. The message was from her dad asking her where she is. Mina sighed and ignored the text. She got off the bed and cleaned herself then put the blanket over Chaeyoung before going downstairs.

"Mina. You're awake." Irene smiled. "I'm just preparing breakfast."

"Can I help?" Mina asked. Walking closer to Irene. "Oh, Chaeng is still sleeping."