🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 - 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Naina changed her outfit, and was ready to sleep, but Sameer blocked her way, and asked her in a soft voice - "Why didn't you tell me today was your birthday? I could have arranged something for you."

She chuckled bitterly, and asked him in a sarcastic way - "Mere birthday par main khud hi aapse kahu ki Sameer mere liye kuch special celebration karna?"

"Look, I really didn't know today was your birthday...I am genuinely feeling so bad, please tell me how I should compensate for my mistake?" Sameer said in a gentle voice, and looked at her serene face with an unbelievable expression.

"My birthday is over now...so forget it, I am feeling sleepy. Good Night." Naina replied to him with a painful smile covering her whole face, and He spoke - "I know it's over...but we can celebrate now as well."

"I am not a fan of big celebrations Sameer, I just expected a simple birthday wish...and that too because you're my husband, but anyway. I don't mind all these things, so relax." She said maturely, and lightly patted his shoulder before heading to sleep.

"You do mind, I know...otherwise you wouldn't have gone out to celebrate with Akshay." Sameer screamed in a low voice, as he didn't want to disturb Advay's sleep.

Naina looked at him in astonishment, and asked him - "O so you were checking my phone now?"

"No...your phone was buzzing loudly, so it grabbed my attention." He stammered a little, and stared at her awkwardly.

"Do you know the meaning of Privacy? How could you dare to open my inbox? If it was buzzing you should have come to me, and given it to me...what was the need to see where I was, with whom, and what I was doing? You never allow me to even hold your phone for a moment, and here you're investigating secretly about my life. Is that how a husband should behave with his wife if one day she comes home late?" Naina yelled at him in frustration, because now his behaviour was turning suffocating for her.

"Listen...I wasn't investigating anything about you. I don't even have any interest in knowing your private life." Sameer roared at her for blaming him uselessly, and She clapped for him with a sarcastic smile.

"Unlocking my phone, opening my messages, reading them, and then coming to complain me is a sign of Insecurity and jealousy Sameer...I know you're burning from within that why did I gone to celebrate my special day with Akshay, but it wasn't planned, we met accidentally and he invited me to have a small celebration at some restaurant...and I couldn't deny him, hence he was being so gentle and polite, unlike someone who instead of feeling bad at his act is blaming me for coming home a little late." Naina spoke with sharpness in her voice. She knew she was overreacting, but She is already annoyed because of his perpetual interference in her life.

"How should I express my sorrow for not remembering your birthday? Should I mourn? Should I beg you to forgive me? Should I print a poster saying...Dear Naina, I am sorry for forgetting your special day, it won't happen again." Sameer taunted her with an enraged face, and She was hurt deeply from his statement. He wasn't feeling guilty, he was being sarcastic.

"No, you don't have to do this all Sameer, the person who couldn't show even a little sympathy for his wife, cannot ever feel regret for forgetting such an important event." She said with a tight-lipped smile, and immediately took the pillow and walked straight to the small couch.

"Why are you sleeping there?" He asked her angrily.

"I don't want to sleep with you, at least not tonight after your heart-wrenching explanation." She said in a low voice, and covered her body by pulling up the soft blanket.