Chapter 4

"Do you have any recommendations for me? I would like one of those animals as well."

"......What?"

"Ah..," Fern started to get a little embarrassed. "I haven't been out of my palace a lot so this is a little new for me..."

Mine stared dumbfounded at the sight in front of her. An emperor, and not just any emperor, the rumored cold Fye emperor was asking her for recommendations!?

Fern started to look away from her.

"I can find someone else if you won't help me," he says.

"No! I mean, fine I'll show you some plushies that might suit your taste," Mine remarked.

"Plushies....So that's what they're called."

Time skip

In the end, Fern got a white owl with black line patterns around its wings.

He had a small smile on his face, though could see it behind his mask.

"Well, where's my 'thank you?'," Mine scowled.

Fern looked her. "Thank you?," he asked.

"Yes! I used my time and effort to help you find that one plushie!," Mine crossed her arms.

Fern isn't used to saying "thank you" as he never had to.

"Thank you...," he whispered.

"What?," Mine glared at him.

"Thank you..," he said a little louder. "For helping me find a plushie."

Mine's eyes gleamed. She made the so-called cold emperor thank her! And it was kind of cute the way he did it...

But that aside she really must be a genius.

"I have to go now so goodbye, Mine," Fern abruptly left.

"Yes, goodbye," Mine responded as Fern left to find his brother.