The Voice Under The Void

Someone notice. Someone please notice.

Anyone. Anything. Everything. She begged invisibly, silent screams shooting from her bleeding lips as she threw anxious glances towards strangers who stole them without a care. Her blood was alive, but her body was dormant. Her brain sent shock waves to the heart, breaking it piece by piece as shards of ruby lodged their way into her veins. Strangers walked by...unnoticing...preoccupied...robotic.

She stood on the slight hill of the yellow line, scruffing green stains from her pearly white shoes...the grass always was greener on the other side.

She had survived for so long. Silently. Successfully. She didn't want to stop...but there was no other choice. No. There was never a choice. She wanted to live...to explore...to see, what she could be. The only thing stopping her were these people.

These strangers, who walked through her like a poltergeist, an angry, confused and wicked presence they disregarded from their lives. The thing adults were always most scared of...their past selves. The poltergeists of their adolescence. Spirits of long before, the times in their lives they wanted to miss.

The reality was, she was a ghost. Was alive, and would be dead.

What would be on the other side? No one noticed...the tracks looked peaceful now, no longer tormenting. She no longer desired to live on a rock where her own kind banished her over the edge...onto the tracks...into a ghost train...