Chapter 5

Suddenly it was very bright, and she squinted her eyes at the glare.

Susan opened her eyes to find herself at The Partake School - which was full of pastries and punch lined up along the wall, which they served at each graduation. Alarmingly, she saw that there was no one else there, even though she could hear the murmur of voices.

"Welcome to Taylor's Graduation! Are you ready to get to work? I have a delivery for the Green Queen and she has yet to be back with me! She's flying dragons within the woods I surmise..." said a mysterious voice that talked with the quality of a late night jazz radio host.

"Who's there?" demanded Susan, looking around where she sat.

She looked up and down, smiling when she saw a purple cat. Susan rubbed her green eyes for she knew for sure she was dreaming quite stupidly again.

"I'm right here and I am not going away no matter how much you wish it were so," he hissed, the lovely purr of his going away.

"Ah!" yelled Susan covering her eyes.

She lifted her hands to find the cat hadn't left and started to scream until the cat placed his paw on her mouth, upon which she froze.

"Here's the deal: I know where the Grand Sword is, and you must follow a white rabbit to deliver it to the Queen. Quickly!" hissed the Cheshire Cat.

A white rabbit started to scamper down the hallway complaining about a new queen.

Susan had no desire to run after this rabbit, but her feet were moving in spite of herself. She ran into Taylor, Margie and Henry's sight; stopping due to take a good look at Henry, before bumping into Taylor.

"What's the matter?" asked Taylor with a confused scowl shading over her whole face.

"I have to go but I'll be quickly back!" replied Susan, which only worried Taylor more.

"Susan, come back here! This is Taylor's special day!" yelled Margie after Susan bitterly as she ran out of the school.

Henry stood there dumbstruck.

"What's wrong with Susan?" he asked Justin as if he had the answer Henry was looking for!

"Man, you should have gone after her earlier for she's lost it "responded Justin, rolling his eyes.

They stared at each other and then spoke again.

"Are you coming to my play? It's next week on a Thursday at Northview" he said to Henry.

"Er..." started Henry, scrummaging in the storage of his head for his schedule.

"Um, guys! We have to go after her!" exclaimed Taylor, throwing off her shoes carelessly and heading for the door with all her strength.

The rest followed.

"That Susan girl has been a bad influence on everyone since she came here," said Justin's mom to Mr. Panera who really didn't know how to respond. Mrs.Panera only shook her head and said,"Kids these days. They are always in a rush to go somewhere without any clue where they are going."

There was an empty field in the middle of the parking lot where the older kids played at recess and then next to it was a playground that was meant for preschoolers through third graders.

So Susan graduated a year earlier, Henry and Justin a year before and Taylor's was ruined.

The group went to this field and Susan was much far ahead.

Susan finally spotted the rabbit and yelled for joy bouncing into the air like a cute anime character.

Henry, Taylor, Margie, and Justin chased after her, for fear she would run into the main street like a maniac. For some reason, she could not stop running, as a hole began to appear in the grass. It was as if no one could see it, but it was approaching Susan.