Chapter 4

Susan was walking down the hall to her English class when she spotted Nicole.

"Susan! Just the person I wanted to see. Taylor wanted me to give you the journal" said Nicole, grabbing the journal out of her backpack and handing it to Susan.

"Why?"

"You see my dad works for UPS. They are a very global company. Basically, in order for my dad to keep his position in the company, our family has to move to Belgium."

Susan was shocked.

"Well I understand but for god's sake I need you at this school with me!" exclaimed Susan.

Susan could hear the argument that Nicole would already have lined up against her and the bullet points came easily into her head

. The economy is bad.

. Mr. Panera has a well-paying job.

Mr. Panera had this UPS job all his life so it was pretty absurd that they didn't move an inch from Atlanta until now.

Nicole proceeded to tell her that she cried the whole night.He apparently had told her that night as well, obviously not thinking of whether she would be able to get asleep or not.

"Justin is very mad and doesn't want to talk to me. How am  I supposed to part with him without saying goodbye? Ironically, he couldn't help but tell everyone in the group"complained Nicole.

"Everyone knows!"

"Oh, crud. Justin told. Didn't he? He's so immature" Susan said.

Nicole nodded.

"I wish he could just keep a secret for once in his life."

After the start of her freshman year, Susan discovered this one truth - your crush is NEVER as impressive as you hoped they are. While Taylor daydreamed of Justin, her sister befriended him - seeing the contrast to be wildly different. If this was what will happen should Susan ever have a similar occurrence with Henry Panera - the consequences would be catastrophic to her hopeless romantic ideals.

Nicole walked in thirty minutes before the first period began just like all the other kids who needed time to re-organize their locker.

Caroline waited for her on a nearby bench.

"I know what's going to happen"whispered Caroline.

Nicole didn't ask any questions but just went and hugged her.

"Who told you?" Nicole soon demanded, already guessing who spilled the beans.

"Justin."

Nicole dragged Caroline by the hand into the school - to the area in the left of the hallway where her friends talked in the morning. This area was inconveniently by a set of Junior-used lockers who often complained of seeing Nicole's friends in the mornings calling them "Nerds" and "Anime geeks."

Another friend, Sandy,  ran to her with fake sobs and threw her arms around Nicole.

"I don't want you to leave!!!!" cried Sandy.

"You!" said Nicole, turning her finger upon the guilty culprit.

"You weren't supposed to tell!"

Brenda walked up to Justin and started to pinch his ear.

"Listen to your girlfriend!" ordered Brenda.

Clark then came up to Nicole and smiled.

"You have to let us see pictures!" he cooed.

"Oh sure. You all will get gifts from there. Chocolate especially!" said Nicole.

"Chocolate!" cried Justin.