The Boy she loves? (Part-2)

Thank you for reading

--

She looked in front of her. The woman in the mirror was her. She looked gorgeous. Dolled up in a pretty royal green lehenga.

Her trance broke as she heard a knock on the door

Her trance broke as she heard a knock on the door. The beautician next to her hurried to the door. While she fixed her attire a bit. She turned her head to the door as her breath hitched.

"S-sahil! "

---

Harsh Pov

Today is the most important day of my life. I am getting engaged to the love of my life. I can't wait to see her. Tie my soul with her and promise to cherish her and love her.

She deserves the world. She has her insecurities. But I don't know why because for me, she's the most pure and perfect human. If only she'd see herself with my eyes. She'll know how precious and flawless she is.

I quickly put on the perfume. It's a important day. I am nervous so I am gonna sweat. But, don't want to smell bad and upset her. I quickly look at myself and smile.

"I AM GETTING MARRIED" I yell in happiness to no one in particular. I am just too much giddy to hide it. I hear a knock on the door and pull myself together.

What will people say if they walk in to a room looking for 28 year old man but find a nervous, sweating giddy man-child. I opened the door and there was my heartbeat.

"Aasman, mera jahaan, mera bacche come to daddy" I said picking her in my arms. There is nothing more a man wants in his life when he hold his kid in his arms. I pecked forehead of my precious princess. How in world did I get so lucky to have two wonderful girls written in my destiny.

"Harsh let's go" she says smiling a little. My smile wavers a little but I still hold myself together. She needs time. Of course she does. I understand it. I came so late in her life. How can she trust me so easily. I get it, but the heart of this father within me doesn't.

"Aasman baby call him daddy. He is your father. Why do you call him Harsh? " my mom says kissing her cheeks. She looks uncomfortable. I quickly take a step away.

"Uh-mom it's okay. I'll come. Just leave me and my princess need to talk " I said. She glared at me but I still convinced her to go. Turning around I see my princess a little bit nervous. I sigh.

I kneel down and get to her height. I can't even look in her eyes. I know she's uncomfortable. It aches my heart. She's my daughter, my princess, I could never hurt her.

"I-I am sorry princess. I know I haven't been the best father. I came to your life so late. I didn't help out your momma. I wasn't there to love you, hug you, care for you. B-but, I...really love you. You are very precious to me. Y-you take time don't worry of d-dadi but D-don't be afraid.. Please. I promise to be a good husband to momma, a good dad to you and a better man in general. Will you please...accept me as your daddy and let me marry your momma? "

I felt tears on my cheek and cursed myself. I have to be a superhero for my princess yet I am crying.

"Don't cry please...

Daddy " Aasman said

--

"S-sahil"

"Beautiful " a whisper came out. She looked so ethereal but not for him.

"Aad--oops guess can't call you that now"  he said smiling cheerfully but his grey eyes just like clouds held water in them.

"It's n-not like that. I didn't think y-you'd come" she said tucking her hairs.

"I was and I guess I am still your best friend and Oh! By the way, t-this y-your g-gift" he smiled painfully handing her divorce paper.

"O-Oh! T-thanks I guess. " she smiled awkwardly.

"I-I'll go then. Mummy ji must be waiting" she said as she dashed towards the door. But the door was shut closed and she was slammed into it. She felt two hands on her waist. And his head on the crook of her neck. She breathed heavily and fought her tears.

"I wish you could fall in love with me the way I did. But, whom am I kidding the way I love you. N-No one else can. Y-you are happy with him. H-he's your baby daddy. I am letting you go. P-please l-let me h-hug one last time. P-please" she felt her neck getting wetter with every word of his. She closed her eyes tightly as a few tears betrayed her. She realized it was past 5 minutes. She had to go. She removed his one hand he tightened the others grip.

I have to do this. I-I love Harsh? He's Aasman's father. I-I can't be with Sahil. We a-are different

"P-please love m-me "  he sobbed. She didn't look back and ran away. She went out and was met by her mother-in-law who smiled at her. She managed to cover up and smile back at her. She grabbed her hands and led her to the way towards the hall. When she reached the stage. She saw Harsh holding her daughter. She smiled at it. Harsh hurriedly came to her gave her a warm smile and hugged her.

Everyone in the audience whistled and clapped at the new couple. A perfect family they looked like. They all had eyes filled of love and smiles etched in happiness.

"Thank you jaan. Thank you so much for giving me this chance. I want to love you, care for you, I want to be better for you, I want to grow with you. Thank you so much. I love you" he said kissing her cheeks. She smiled at his words.

It didn't make her heart flutter the way it used to do. He was The Boy she loves right? Or was he?

Harsh pulled her hand with a wide smile as they both sat in puja. She was looking so happy and his gaze held so much love. Yet she couldn't feel the same.

"I love you, jaan" Harsh whispered in her ears as they sat for puja.

"You said that second time. " she teased him and he flustered a bit but gave her a cocky look.

"You look gorgeous in your lehenga. Not my fault every time I look at you. I fall for you even more" he winked at her.

"Concentrate on puja. Everyone's looking "

"No one's looking jaan. Don't you know girls go to wedding to eat and boys go to look at girls. Aunties and uncles forms group and gossip. No one cares about the couple." he said and she smiled.

This was the Harsh she falling love with. Yet she didn't feel this was right. Her mind flashed back to her past with Sahil.

--

Next part will be out tomorrow! Stay tuned. I hope you like the story.

Thoughts on-

1) Harsh

2) Sahil

3) Me

-Neets