The Boy She loves (Part-4)

AyeshaAhmedIsMe dedicated to you. Can't wait for your comments.

mayajaisingh28 I deleted "The Boy She Loves" this is a shorter version if you wanna read. BTW give her book "Love me like you do" try.

--
Author Pov

Harsh's mom was passing his room in their bungalow. But, she found it odd that there was no noise. It was eerily silent. She knocked on the door but found that the door wasn't locked. Which was unusual.

She went in and saw Harsh lying on the floor his face was leaning on the glass window. She tapped his shoulder and he looked up.

"H-harsh?! What happened? Why are you crying? Tell me son! "

"M-mom you said to achieve your dreams you have to s-sacrifice somethings. I d-did. I achieved the d-dream but I-I lost the one whom I d-dreamed with. W-was i-it worth it? "

*Flashback*

"Mummy! Look! Who is this uncle? His photo is in this Frobes Magazine " Little Harsh said with huge admiration in his eyes.
His mother laughed at him.

"It's Forbes Magazine son. Not Frobes. And that uncle is a CEO of a company. That's why his picture is on it"

"CEO? What's that? "

"Umm--you know your daddy build a office and employed many people who wanted job. So, he is the CEO of the business. In short he is a business man"

"BUSINESSMAN" Harsh muttered.

---

Harsh was now in Class 12. He took Commerce because of his interest in business. He was passionate about all the economics, shares, mutual funds and money management.

Today they had a simple activity in class. They were group of 3 people and they were given a product of skin care. Harsh was a bit dissapointed because he didn't knew much about skin care. And to his challenge it was women's skin care.

His partners did the basics of introducing the product, the content and the ppt. But, the teacher then asked a question.

"If I am middle class women. I won't spend time on skin care. Then how will you convince me to buy it?"

"Hello ma'am. Today's women do it all. They change there positions every minute. They cook, they clean, thru care, they work, there's nothing that a woman doesn't do. Her life is surrounded by working continuously. It's their power. But, everyone deserves a break. Skin care can be a way to have a "me time". All day they work for others. What about them? They need some time for themselves too. Skin care is a way to cherish yourself. A way to spend time alone. That's why you should spend your money not on this product but for yourself. Because women deserve their own world and own space" he said and looked at the teacher who smiled at him and said

"You will be a great businessman Harsh"

--

"Are you sure mummy? Why will Harvard Business School select me? " he said nervously biting his nails.

"Because it's your dream university from childhood. Don't worry much. Go to your college now. It's almost time for your Aditi to come"

"Hmm.. I don't think they will select me anyways. " he muttered and went to pick up Aditi.

---

"I-I got in! I GOT IN! " Harsh yelled happily reading the email he received. He hugged his mother and father. His first love was business. From childhood he had dreamt of this day. He couldn't be happier. He got in HARVARD!

It was 3 years masters and then 2 years internship. Then, he planned to set up a business there. But, his eyes blurred when his mother talked about Aditi.

What about her? H-how was he going to choose between them. N-No! Of course he can't choose Harvard over his love. H-he shouldn't. A-Aditi the girl he loves. How can he do injustice to her?

---

"Hey! Buddy sup? Heard you got in Harvard " his best friend Gaurav said jumping on his bed. But, his smile faded when he saw Harsh's state. He looked lifeless.

"I am going to reject it"

"WHAT?! Are you mad? Only 1% of lucky people get such chances to get in the top university of the world"

"Luckier are the ones to have true love in their life" he said wiping his tears.

"You are doing wrong Harsh. You will regret this. Do you remember when we were in class 4th and teacher asked what do you want to be. No one was sure but you loudly shouted and expressed your love for Business. When you passed 10th everyone insisted you to take Science but you proudly announced your dreams and followed your heart, opting for Commerce. You will let yourself down if you don't go. "

"W-what a-about h-her. She t-trusted me. She g-gave herself to M-me. And what am I doing? Betraying her? Choosing those shitty universities over her? "

"Harsh! Will you be able to live without guilt after you reject this opportunity?! You will regret it. You'll die from it when you see others doing well and curse yourself for not doing this when you had a opportunity "

"But... " he sobbed thinking about Aditi.

"Tell her and do what she says okay? "

Harsh nodded still sobbing.

---

Harsh was crying hugging her at the airport. She broke up with him yesterday and they slept together. He was continuously crying. He felt his heart breaking into two. He didn't care of the people's gazes and stares.

Aditi had her eyes closed and fist clenched. She won't cry. If she did. He'll not go.

Roothi hai shab te rabba
Rabba dil bhi hai rootha
Sab kuch hai bikhra bikhra
Bikhra sa rootha rootha.

Chup mahi chup hai raanjha
Bolein kaise ve na ja
Bolein kaaise ve na ja
Aaja aaja.

Bolein kaise ve na ja
Bolein kaise ve naa jaa
Chup maahi chup hai ranjha
Aja aja.

Bolein kaise ve na ja
Aja Aja

Flashback ends

"was it worth it mummy? I achieved my dreams. I was on the cover page of Forbes. I have employees under me. I have money, power, everything. But at the cost of losing her? I don't want all this. These suits, ties, shirt, cars, luxury. Nothing! I want nothing but her. But I lost her. Nothing can get her back. This money, power they are worth nothing mummy if she's not with me. Nothing. I hate myself. I hate myself so much. "

"I wanted to earn so much that I could shower her with anything she wants. Now I have everything. I can buy anything. But, I can't have her love. This all is worth nothing...nothing" he sobbed.

--

Y'all were hating Harsh too much. But practically if you have to choose between your boyfriend and your dream. What will you choose?

I will choose my dreams. I might regret leaving my love. But still I would choose my passion. He did what he thought was right. That's it.

We humans are greedy for power aren't we?

-Neets